Response From Mypoupette

I got myself a monogram speedy 30 and a porte monnaie rond and a strap yesterday at neimans in fashion falley....everything was good until i went home and inspected my speedy. it was the only one out of the three that i purchase that was made in USA. it had a tiny crack on the leather when the ends of the handle meets the monogram. Also...then two buttons that holds the zipper tab is place was not even aligned together OMG...last the flap had stitching that was loose...i took that bag right back to neimans and demanded a new one!!!!!

Bag Fetish said:
The stitching is off on my agenda. It was made in Spain

You know, my new vernis agenda made in spain has the same stitching issue in that same spot, I think it's thicker right there b/c it's where the cc slots are...

I have noticed more recently some bags have issues, and have been surprised they made it through quality control to the store, I don't know if they are made in us or not......but when I bought my bh last year I looked @ the trim after I paid for it, the whole vachetta trim on the top of the bag was just a terrible piece of leather, when I said something to the sa she said it was normal (and this was the last bh she had so I'm sure she didn't want to lose the sale), luckily there was another LV location in that mall in saks and I stopped there on my way out and switched the bag, it was clearly a defect....I was irritated b/c one of the reasons I buy this stuff is the quality, I don't want to have to worry about defects and at these prices we shouldn't....

For me, I'd be really upset if I found out something less than perfect from my LV bag esp the one that bought from retail store. :rant:

Also, could believe if SA won't let us exchange the bag that can be classified as "defect" for the price we pay for the bags.

Lola24 said:
You know, my new vernis agenda made in spain has the same stitching issue in that same spot, I think it's thicker right there b/c it's where the cc slots are...

I have noticed more recently some bags have issues, and have been surprised they made it through quality control to the store, I don't know if they are made in us or not......but when I bought my bh last year I looked @ the trim after I paid for it, the whole vachetta trim on the top of the bag was just a terrible piece of leather, when I said something to the sa she said it was normal (and this was the last bh she had so I'm sure she didn't want to lose the sale), luckily there was another LV location in that mall in saks and I stopped there on my way out and switched the bag, it was clearly a defect....I was irritated b/c one of the reasons I buy this stuff is the quality, I don't want to have to worry about defects and at these prices we shouldn't....

Never thought about that, you have a point.

I think you will find minor defects in LV bags regardless of where they are made. If I were to look closely at any one of my items, I am sure I will find something wrong. But since they are made by a human I accept this.

BTW: I know the seller of that bag and she is indeed 100% legit and a sweety!!

DH will no longer "surprise" me with new LV as he has learned that I have to inspect every inch of one BEFORE it leaves the store.

Cases in point, the Damier Belem PM he bought for me almost two years ago (uninspected by myself) has an edge near the zipper that wasn't sewn on peoperly. I just discovered it.

He also bought me the Denim Baggy PM last Christmas (uninspected) and althought the denim line is supposed to vary a bit from piece to piece, the alignment of the canvas on the bottom and sides would lead one to question authenticity.

We went together to pick out my Damier Marais and the boutique had two. On one of them, the bottom leather edging was coming off at the very end. Obviously I didn't take that one, but the other "perfect" one is over a year old, which kind of bothered me. But at least it didn't have any obvious defects.

DH will no longer go by himself as he admits that he doesn't have the eye for detail on LV as I do. And he wants and expects that the LV he buys for me are "perfect", especially considering what they charge.

addictedtolv said:
He also bought me the Denim Baggy PM last Christmas (uninspected) and althought the denim line is supposed to vary a bit from piece to piece, the alignment of the canvas on the bottom and sides would lead one to question authenticity.

My denim baggy is off on the bottom too but then again the alignment along the zipper on my denim speedy is the same way.

I think with the denim line all of the theroy we used to use for monogram bags doesnt apply.

Bag*Snob said:
I think you will find minor defects in LV bags regardless of where they are made. If I were to look closely at any one of my items, I am sure I will find something wrong. But since they are made by a human I accept this.

Yes, but the defect shouldn't be at some places on the bag that someone can spot it from like a mile away(or just by walk pass you). Otherwise, it'd bother me all the time I carry that particular bag.

And, for "not neatly done" should be sold at the same price as the perfect/almost perfect ones. I'd feel being cheated to pay full price.:yucky:
Well, maybe it's just me. :sad:

addictedtolv said:
Obviously I didn't take that one, but the other "perfect" one is over a year old, which kind of bothered me.

Off-topic here:
addictedtolv, how do you know it's over a year old?

Where did you look for this info?
I'm kinda new so I try to learn everything I can. :yes:

This is so disappointing!! Although all my LV bags are bought from Paris/London.. i'm disappointed that we're in love with a brand that recently due to high demands is risking quality and the prices still go UP!!!! shame on them!!!:rant:

Socialite said:
hi, this problem is awful. Because I live in the UK...we hardly ever get made in USA stuff in our stores so I guess in europe there isnt this problem.
My brand spankin new, fresh from the LV store in SCP, Made in FRANCE, deauville.

This problem is everywhere [not just in LV bags made in USA], in every brand. These bags are handmade & sometimes defects happen to get by. LV replaced this baby immediatly & was very accommodating.

I don't think the origional buyer of the BH was dilligent enough & should have returned that bag when it was first purchased.

In all the bags I've looked at, and they were from France and the U.S. (unfortunately not the styles I wanted with the latter), I've seen the most problems with the French-made ones--right there in the store. They've been quite off in the stitching, and when I was ready to buy an Illovo PM, the only one the store had was definitely not up to snuff. Unfortunately they didn't have any others available to check out, and this is why I haven't ordered form eluxury since. I have to see them in person now or I won't bother.

It's not just LV though. The Chloe Paddington I received from BG was crap, and it was returned the next day. Honestly, there's NO company out there I'd trust to place a blind order knowing full well that the bag would be exquisitely made. Not even Chanel.