Resort collection: the jersey material ==> do we have more news?

Joke

O.G.
Sep 23, 2007
I'm really curious about the Stams (and Caseys & Brunas) that are coming out in a "jersey" version this resort 2008.

Jersey apparently is the fabric used for some baseball caps for example:

12bar_1.jpg

To me this means 2 things:
1) Could it be that we finally have super light Stam?
2) Does this means we can have a cheap(er) Stam? I can't imagine MJ charging as much as leather Stams, right?

Attachments

• jersey.JPG
    jersey.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 118
1) Could it be that we finally have super light Stam?
2) Does this means we can have a cheap(er) Stam? I can't imagine MJ charging as much as leather Stams, right?

lighter...probably.
cheaper...who knows! ;) he made canvas/leather venetias and those were still expensive iirc.

If they are made from Jersey material, I bet they have leather lining or -- could it be possible?? - suede, so that price point would stay just the same. I"m just guessing of course, as I have no idea -- one would think a jersey stam would be less than one made of calf, goat or lambskin, but this is MJ we're talking about!!! (look at the denim LVs!)

Didn't he do coated canvas stams that were around $1200???

OMG - I just went to the Marc Jacobs webpage and nearly got a seizure... what's up with that video??

I didn't found a jersey stam. But instead I found this funny merger...

Update: sorry, saw it now. It is called "jerzey". Do you think this really refers to jersey?

Attachments

• mercerstam.jpg.jpg
    mercerstam.jpg.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
I'm really curious about the Stams (and Caseys & Brunas) that are coming out in a "jersey" version this resort 2008.

Jersey apparently is the fabric used for some baseball caps for example:

Actually Jersey describes a knitted fabric such as that used for t-shirts. It's ability to stretch was originally due to the fact that it was a knit as opposed to a traditional woven fabric that does not give unless turned and cut on its bias. Now a lot of Jersey has spandex added to help it keep its shape and give more room for movement.

Anyway, moving away from the textile lesson. . .any one snoring yet?:P
Jersey is very soft(anyone have comfy jersey sheets?) and I was thinking maybe the stam is another washed or brushed leather variation that feels like jersey. . .???????