Resoling Shoes

I'm in the process of having some flats resoled, it's sadly going to cost me around $100, the shoes new cost $269. I bought the same flat in a different colour and had them vibram-soled to make sure this wouldn't happen. Preventative is always better than the cure...

I'm in the process of having some flats resoled, it's sadly going to cost me around $100, the shoes new cost $269. I bought the same flat in a different colour and had them vibram-soled to make sure this wouldn't happen. Preventative is always better than the cure...

That's what I thought too, thanks for your response. I just got into shoes, and I want to extend the life span of some of my nice ones. :smile:

Hi there,

I recently had a pair of my armani flats resoled. They really have been everywhere with me, they're about 3 years old now and still looking good! I waited until they were pretty desperate to be done. You may as well get some use out of the original soles first before you start wearing into a brand new sole... if that makes sense? If however they are slippery or something then do take them to a cobbler. The cobbler did a really good job with mine :smile:

For leather-soled shoes, I prefer to get them re-soled soon after buying. I don't always go straight to the cobbler since sometimes I'm just so excited to wear them! However, I think it's better to get them resoled before there's much damage to the original soles, as this will make the repair easier. Also, I find that re-soled shoes are more comfortable (the rubber adds a little cushion and shock absorbtion) and easier to walk in since they're no longer slippery.

i used to do it on my new shoes...and i stopped doing it...i realized i have a lot of shoes that i hardly wear the same pair everyday...i usually resole them after a season or i absolutely have to. i am lazy...