Resizing Love Ring

m0nkey98

Aug 21, 2012
The SO got my first Cartier piece at South Coast Plaza. I was so excited till we realized it was the wrong size. We took it back to the store and they said there is a scratch on it (how? i never wore it!) He says he can send it to new york to be resized. We were worried about the placing of the screws but he assured us they've done it before. I've done some research but not a lot of people talk about resizing the love ring...and those that do say it cannot be done. Also their estimate is up to two weeks.

I spoke with a friend about this who claims they are just putting up a front and will actually be giving us a new one. I am not sure what to believe at this point. Does anyone have experience with this

Also does anyone know what the rapid shining service is? and is there a fee for it? The website does not say

I've resized my trinity with cartier. They did an excellent job, you'd never know it had been altered so I think it wld be a good job with yours as well. Every ring has a item no engraved within so you should have the same back.

That is my store as well. I believe they are putting up a front and will send a new one in the correct size. You cannot resize the love ring. I have two - all screw band and all diamond ring, and there is just no way to resize them.

I had my Love ring resized. DH bought the wrong size, too big. I tried to wear it with another ring in front of it but grew tired of the look. It sat in the red box it came in for 2 years so I thought I might as well size it or I will never wear it. My jeweler did a very carefully perfect job and I can't tell, he made it smaller. At least now it gets worn. This is just what I did, not saying anyone should do it. I knew my jeweler could pull it off and he charged me 65.00.

I was in the Cartier store recently and looking at the love rings. The SA there told me that it would be very difficult to resize the overall band of the ring due to the screw motif. He said that it would be easier to size down through use of sizing beads.

My husband and I actually had the same issue a few years ago, except our ring hadn't been worn at all. The south coast store tried to say there were small scratches from wearing the ring, but we were persistent about having never worn it so they exchanged it the same day.

I want to buy the love ring. Can Cartier resize the love ring? I don't know how much my body will chance over the years and I want to wear the love ring all the time.

Cartier is famouse for the love bracelet. I can only buy one piece at the time and I'm not sure if the bracelet is right for me. Will it look strange if I only have the love ring?

I don’t think they can resize the Love ring - you are best to get the size that fits you now.

I think the Love ring is the perfect starter piece into Cartier. And no, it would not look strange if you only had the Love ring.

If you can, go into a boutique and try on a few of the pieces :smile:

The love ring will not be my first cartier piece. Already have the trinity ring. That I love so much. :heart::love: I'm still thinking buying more pieces from this collection. I think my love for cartier will never end. :biggrin:

Next week I want go to the boutique and try on some pieces from my wishlist. Or maybe I go to tiffany.

The thinner love ring (wedding band) is a little more forgiving on fit than the wider regular love band. Fit is more critical the wider the ring. Hope that makes sense. You could always get a size that fits on different fingers if you’re flexible on the way you’d want to wear it. I would lean towards the larger size if you’re undecided between 2 sizes. Finger joints tend to become bigger as we age. Hope this helps!

A jeweler *could* resize it no doubt, assuming it's not the pave version. The one without diamonds would be the easiest to resize, the problem is the screws would no longer be evenly spaced out. They're perfectly spaced out to fit the original sizing, so once you get it resized the screws will no longer be spaced apart evenly, particularly in the area where they have to cut the ring.