Resistance is... futile?

fafnir

O.G.
Jul 25, 2008
:borg:

OK, I'm starting this up to help myself resist the rest of Haute Summer sale. I want to save for Fall stuff! Hard to do, though, when I keep heading over to the HH Sale page to see what's happenin'.

I got the Thea dress in Crown Blue and the brandy Origami. I had wanted both those items for months and got them when the price dropped into my range. So... happy, right? But that wicked black Trophy is whispering to me "extra 10%... free shipping... I can be all yours..." But I'm holding out for the Biblio, and maybe a Trophy in one of the new colors.

Must. Resist. I know there are more of you out there who are with me! LOL

I'm sort of with you.. *twitches*.. I fell victim to the Black Trophy and Painterly Helena this go around.. and before then I got the Moonbeam Memphis pumps, Black Helena, and Brandy Origami.. gahh lol

It's a toughy...especially when you see a bag you want, like the trophy, at an amazing price but it's not your first choice. What to do...snag it now, or pay a much higher price for a better color, or else just wait 6 months and hope to snag a better color at an amazing discount around Nov/Dec. Be patient and wait it out!

I've put myself on a total bag ban. I simply don't even carry all the bags in my closet. So lately everytime I get the urge, I think about my inventory and talk myself out of it. I am trying to fill out my colorways and not duplicate. It takes so much will power...and I am trying to stay strong.

Ok, now shoes...that's another story.

It's hard because you know another round of cuts is coming since they need to clear this stuff out. Remember last winter when everything was crazy discounted and the last of the FW items blown out? I think there was a 50% off sale price code and the KP corc ended up 88% off? Crazy stuff! You're whipped into a frenzy like on Oprah's Favourite Things episodes. lol

Right now I wish someone would buy that black Angelika vest because I'm having visions of getting it and having it altered down to size. lol I must stay focused on the black Dekker coming back for AW.... ooohhmmm...

merrygold, I haven't been through a clearout yet.. so are ALL the items on the sale page being discontinued for the Fall lineup? Or are some styles still being kept?

Joy, HH is notoriously unpredictable, and who knows whether this current sale will end with a whimper or a bang! Last winter was unprecidented but then so is the economic downturn. If HH needs the cash flow then they will probably have a blowout. If not, then maybe the SS stuff will go back up in price until the next sale (Labour Day?) where prices will be cut again. Some styles will be back for AW (Trophies, Havanas, Lorcas, cuffs) but in new season colours.

Someone pleeeeeease buy that Angelika! If it's still there when I wake up tomorrow morning, I'm going to call HH to ask whether it's in good condition (it's obviously a return). Resistence is futile, indeed. lol

Yes, the black Trophy is gorgeous...almost fell. But I reminded myself that I already have gorgeous black bags that I don't carry often enough...and that I already have a Trophy. I'm very conscious of the need to sell right now...no need for a reminder there. Too much binging and purging is not a good thing...whether it's food, drugs or bags. It gets old. I'm not done yet but I'm getting closer....

It feels good to be able to resist...one bag at a time.

I have no resistance. I give up. I am trying to just keep to the bags I've identified as ones that would work for me and my climate and my lifestyle.

From this sale I only got the Brandy Kira and I'm in a holding pattern although just got the moonbeam pomp I'd been wanting!

I have no resistance. I give up. I am trying to just keep to the bags I've identified as ones that would work for me and my climate and my lifestyle.

From this sale I only got the Brandy Kira and I'm in a holding pattern although just got the moonbeam pomp I'd been wanting!

Hey sally, that moonbeam pomp is so fantastic that you should just do an official dismount and throw your arms up in the air Olympic-style. You're done!

Someone pleeeeeease buy that Angelika! If it's still there when I wake up tomorrow morning, I'm going to call HH to ask whether it's in good condition (it's obviously a return). Resistence is futile, indeed. lol

merrygold, the Dekker is worth waiting for. Imo, the Dekker is much more versatile and easier to wear than the vest. You can throw it on over dresses or jeans, and you can remove the hood.

And Syb, yeah, that's good. Take it one bag at a time. I'll be fine once they get all the A/W up on the site, then I've got something to focus on.

It's so hard to resist on some of these things -- I did cave on the Athenas in Moonbeam and the Oryx but they were such amazing deals so I don't feel bad about those, but I have to keep my eye on Fall -- I want a Biblio or Trophy Satchel for sure! I do wish they'd put those up for pre-order soon--- I keep ordering other things on my Fall wishlist;)