Resignation Drama (long story)

You did nothing wrong. YOu did not get the internal job. Your bosses sounded like they did not want you to advance with their company. So you looked for a better work environment. You deserve to be happy. It was none of their business if you were interviewing for another job. You only deserve to give them 2 weeks notice, which is fair practice in workplaces. You don't own them anything....... I would just continue to hold your head up and do your work and wait out the two weeks as a professional. Don't let their mind games or anything upset you. I am sure your new job realizes how
qualified you are and your work will confirm it once you are in the new company. CONGRATULATIONS with the new job, may you have great bosses, work with nice people and enjoy each day.

The flip side of not lying about looking for another job is that they may get rid of you before you get one. I am not in the corporate world but in my line of work ( service industry), telling a boss you are looking for a new job is the kiss of death .
The little snag that she ran in is that the boss asked her if she was looking around for another job. She can say yes or no and she said no. She had her reasons to but she did lie. Will this cause her any problems in the future? I don't know. If she didn't lie, would she have been fired on the spot? I don't know. But I know a lot of people told their boss that they were looking and they didn't get fired or have anything negative come out of it. I mean she even got a counteroffer from the company she was working at! Some places though....it is as you said - the kiss of death.

i knew that my boss would insist that I tell my senior, if i told him i was still looking for another role. I dont know, should i still tell him this? I was to make things right with the boss for damage control reasons (for the sake of my career future--- and what kathyrose said). the catch up with my senior helped communication problems, as he is not so condecending anymore, but his behavior is so bad, i wasnt able to be fully honest of the situation, cos I dont want to sound like a whinger. U see, I have an all men team, and I was the only girl in that team.
what should I do?
Don't worry about it. What's done is done and you are going to start a job you love much more than the one you're leaving. What's left to do is keep going and moving forward. :yes:

thats the little snag thats not so little, as the only thing can be used against me. my last day is this friday, i cant wait.
i keep getting uninvited to team meetings, I understand, just dont feel comfortable. sigh.
thanks all, i am so looking forward to the long weekend, and this is only monday 9: 53 AM.

First off, I'm glad you got yourself out of that situation. Congratulations!

As far as your questions, here are my opinions:
- although the boss has agreed to be my ref, i shouldnt list him, wat do u think?
Don't use as him a professional or personal reference even if he said so. He should be a lot more professional and handle the situation in that manner but from what you've described so far, he's already got his opinions of you and there's nothing that'll change that.

- when my handover is complete in a few days, should i ask to go earlier?
Stick it out. You'd be surprised how quick two weeks go. If they're making it a living hell for you, treat them with kindness. That'll kill them! They can't make you leave earlier unless you're causing them problems, that's why the department head said no.

- should i apologize to my boss again? or just leave it? i dont want to have more uncomfortable conversations, but then if i dont talk to him now, wont ever again may be.

Don't apologize anymore. You did what you could to resolve the problem by going to him and asking for help. Unfortunately, much like any other supervisors, he's too chicken **** to deal with the problem and let it get to this point. I've been in many situations like this. I worked with someone who said out loud in the department that her life was a lot better when I was on maternity leave. She made my life miserable for another four months after that, then I quit. I didn't even stay for the full two weeks coz she pissed me off so badly. But I did talk to the department head coz my immediate supervisor was totally useless, and the manager understood my situation, apologized to me for not resolving the problem, and still paid me for the full two weeks anyway.

People come and go in their jobs, and unless you signed a contract saying you will stay for two years then there's nothing they can do to keep you there.

Anyways, hang in there. Be happy, seriously! And let it show! Smile, crack jokes, whatever!:wlae:Just don't let them get to you. You're outta there in a few days

thats the little snag thats not so little, as the only thing can be used against me. my last day is this friday, i cant wait.
i keep getting uninvited to team meetings, I understand, just dont feel comfortable. sigh.
thanks all, i am so looking forward to the long weekend, and this is only monday 9: 53 AM.
Just do a countdown and it's over. Like what love2shop said, I wouldn't put him down as your reference either. In fact when asked about your last job (whatever the situation may be), answer truthfully and carefully. They'd understand why you didn't put him down. Or have someone else from there that you are still in good standing with as a reference but even that I'd be careful.

thanks all.
I have to be cautious with putting this job in my resume.
such a bummer! to me this is such an issue blown out of proportion, used by my senior who is just out to get me. i am very angered by the fact that i have been a good worker, and now this had to bloody happen, and i will have to remember this event everytime i move job now.
which bit i have to mention>? is okay to say that they wanted me to stay, but i turn it down, so things abit uneasy when i left, so i didnt think its appropriate to have this boss as a reference?

Show up and stick it out for your two weeks notice.
If you leave before that it will look bad and your boss can mention it to other potential employers.
You have no reason to feel bad for leaving a job in under 2 years. The employment climate is different now, people don't stay at jobs for 25-30 years, people move around.
There is no reason to stay at a job for any length of time that you don't enjoy.
Your boss asked you if you wanted to leave early to set you up. His boss (the head) likely realizes this thats why he didn't agree.
Two weeks is not a long time, you should stick it out. It will be better for youin the end.

I agree with Shyloo, stay strong and positive and STICK it out! Forget this bad experience and learn from it and move on to your great new job!