Reselling used python shoes and bags in California

rumdrop

Jun 27, 2014
Hi,
I know it is illegal to ship python products to California, but is it legal to resell my own personal pre-owned and used python bags and shoes on ebay, craigslist and what not and ship to states other than California?
I have noticed some major online consignment shops based in California, used selling python products and they shipped them to my friends in California, so I was wondering, because it was hard to believe such major resellers would not be aware of the law in details?

Thanks!

BV_LC_poodle

Feb 27, 2015
Hi,
I know it is illegal to ship python products to California, but is it legal to resell my own personal pre-owned and used python bags and shoes on ebay, craigslist and what not and ship to states other than California?
I have noticed some major online consignment shops based in California, used selling python products and they shipped them to my friends in California, so I was wondering, because it was hard to believe such major resellers would not be aware of the law in details?

Thanks!
It's not illegal to ship python products to California. For example, if you are relocating to California and you are shipping your python purses and shoes to yourself, it's not illegal.

It's illegal to import python into California for commercial purposes. So if the python purse has been sold and you are shipping to the buyer in California, that's illegal. If you are shipping the python purse to California with the intent to sell within the state, it's also illegal.