Reselling Chanel bags from staff sales

winnymill

Nov 16, 2019
My cousin works at Chanel and bought a display bag with staff discount back in 2007. As the bag was used in the store window, it has 'NOT FOR SALE' gently indented in the inside of the bag (see photo). Additionally, Chanel employees are not allowed to re-sell their staff sales purchases anyway.

She passed the bag down to me and I'd like to sell it on as it's not my style and my cousin doesn't want it back. Does the 'NOT FOR SALE' stamp apply in this context? I guess I will have trouble selling it on as people will be put off by the indentation (it also doesn't have an authenticity card due to it being a display bag) but just want to know your thoughts as I won't use the bag but it's in lovely condition otherwise!

IMG_3148.jpg

Swanky

Admin
Admin
O.G.
Jan 12, 2006
It would put her job at risk imo. My friend works for NM and the Chanel they're offered CANNOT be resold under any circumstance or it's grounds for termination.

Reactions: Plumeria233

NY-LON

O.G.
Jul 9, 2008
Absolutely not. The retailer you sell it to also runs the risk of receiving a letter from CHANEL's legal team. They are very sharp on this type of activity.