Resellers getting Chanel items first and selling for premium

I noticed Je Suis Lou is selling a lot too, I feel every other video she says she is getting rid of bags. In her defense she said she was selling below retail but I do feel it’s weird she also has many unboxings regulars now. I wonder if the world opening up a bit more will nip some of this behavior down. It’s exhausting considering the issues regular in store customers have been having with limited stock.

To me, she seems like someone that loves bags, but is young, still in college, with limited funds. She has had mostly the same collection for a long time, compared to a lot of other youtubers, and doesn’t have a large collection. She creates her videos mostly with the same bags, and doesn’t add new bags that often. She did even say she felt unsure about doing another unboxing so soon, but mostly everyone in the comments wanted to see her new bag (and the new bag didn’t seem like an impulse purchase - she talked about loving this bag and putting it on her wishlist back in October).

From what I’ve seen, she sells pieces that no longer work for her or don’t make sense for her to keep if she purchases something new that is too redundant, which I think is understandable. I think it is actually pretty responsible to not let your handbag collection grow beyond your current financial means.

Also, so far she is not repeatedly buying bags from new collections just to create content and then selling them right away, or selling them a season or so later. She isn’t hoarding stock or selling new collection bags at a massive premium/profit, like some other problematic people have been doing.

But maybe it will progress to that over time especially if she feels the need to keep creating new content with new bags, more unboxings, etc.

To me, she seems like someone that loves bags, but is young, still in college, with limited funds. She has had mostly the same collection for a long time, compared to a lot of other youtubers, and doesn’t have a large collection. She creates her videos mostly with the same bags, and doesn’t add new bags that often. She did even say she felt unsure about doing another unboxing so soon, but mostly everyone in the comments wanted to see her new bag (and the new bag didn’t seem like an impulse purchase - she talked about loving this bag and putting it on her wishlist back in October).

From what I’ve seen, she sells pieces that no longer work for her or don’t make sense for her to keep if she purchases something new that is too redundant, which I think is understandable. I think it is actually pretty responsible to not let your handbag collection grow beyond your current financial means.

Also, so far she is not repeatedly buying bags from new collections just to create content and then selling them right away, or selling them a season or so later. She isn’t hoarding stock or selling new collection bags at a massive premium/profit, like some other problematic people have been doing.

But maybe it will progress to that over time especially if she feels the need to keep creating new content with new bags, more unboxings, etc.
agreed. Definitely don’t get reseller vibes from her or her social media. I’d be doing the same (selling old/not often used items) to purchase new bags I love.

As someone who's always dreamed of getting Chanel and saving everything has just burned me right out of wanting to own at least 1 Chanel.

Resellers greed, brand greed, jacking up 20 year old vintage to 5-6k now? Gross.

And as everyone mentioned, all these "influencers", you tubers with none stop unboxing.. it's too much.

I still want one but at this point all i can do is coming over to TPF and venting to you guys. :lol:

This is not the truth . Europe retail isn’t ridiculous priced if you know you know. A lot of followers like you being mislead unfortunately

She doesn’t live in Europe. I believe she lives in Mexico.

According to this website, Chanel today is more expensive in Mexico than in the US http://www.chanelprices.com/

A medium classic double flap is 165,165 MXN (which is 8,296 USD). Here in the US the same bag retails for 6,800 USD.

So, I do believe she is telling the truth that Chanel is more expensive where she lives.

Last edited:
Je suis lou lives in Mexico? Wow, I would have thought it was France or somewhere else in Europe. What I don't understand is how someone her age has the money for all these bags.
I was browsing her Instagram stories/posts the other day after going through redeluxe's Instagram. I do believe she lives in Mexico as I think that's where I saw her mention that where she's from, bags are way more expensive. glitterbomb's research above lines up with what je suis lou said about bags being extremely expensive and why she shops from resellers because it's cheaper than retail for her.

She probably has savings, allowance or generational wealth to have the bags that she does.

Je suis lou lives in Mexico? Wow, I would have thought it was France or somewhere else in Europe. What I don't understand is how someone her age has the money for all these bags.

She's Spanish and lives in Mexico City and is managed by WAL Group/Wingman (starting in 2020) per her Facebook page. She did a YT Q&A where she talks about the generational wealth of her father (who is Spanish) how it was in flux after her parents' separation. She grew up with her father and he continued to fund her college and living expenses while she worked for the rest of her income by teaching sailing when she was in Europe, altho she took a break from uni in 2017 to travel. She's back in uni now altho she hasn't mentioned a career. Maybe frugal habits (she said she never goes to a hair or nail salons, mostly eats at home, doesn't go clubbing, stopped online shopping when she's bored), savings, selling bags, and influencer income funds her bags and shoe habits.

She doesn’t live in Europe. I believe she lives in Mexico.

According to this website, Chanel today is more expensive in Mexico than in the US http://www.chanelprices.com/

A medium classic double flap is 165,165 MXN (which is 8,296 USD). Here in the US the same bag retails for 6,800 USD.

So, I do believe she is telling the truth that Chanel is more expensive where she lives.

Having said that , redeluxe is located in US , but they making 20-30% profit on top which is extremely greedy .