Resellers getting Chanel items first and selling for premium

Thanks for joining the choir. I've been saying this for some time. I don't have facts, just a hunch. It's LV and other designers besides Chanel.

Has anyone noticed how many "NEW" Chanel items Fashionphile has listed? Is it possible that they have priority of snagging highly coveted bags due to their partnership with Neiman Marcus? (which obviously leads to a huge markup.) Tell me I'm not the only one who has suspected this..

The IG and YT luxury post and unboxing BS to get more popular and then say this bag doesn’t work to only resell at a mark up is what drove me away from IG and YT. I have a large following on IG but I never posted anything that I didn’t keep. I unfollow and dropped out of the popular circle because I didn’t follow these fake Instagramers. So sad I was the one who would help people find what they wanted and hook them up with the SA that had it, never purchased to resell. A asked a few of these popular people on IG there price on items they had for sale and was floored by the markup. I know LV you can report a persons IG maybe Chanel should look into that to put a stop the this. I didn’t even try to get a mini handle cause I knew all the resellers bought them up and I wouldn’t have a chance to purchase one. Sad for the true luxury lvoers

Social media, following the popular girls/boy, fashionistas, fashion bloggers, etc.. can be dangerous. I saw the caramel/brown colour bags take off. I would jump to different youtubers , and watch them all unveil this sought after colour. Since browns (at least with Chanel) have not been released in a while, everyone is going gaga. :nuts::nuts:

My wardrobe doesn't pair well with beautiful browns, so it was overhyped to me.

I have a Celine in tobacco brown. Barely use it, but will not sell it.

I know it was like a tidal wave of unison opinion to buy into the caramel craze. Interested to see what the next obsession will be.

Reactions: TheLuxeBoheme
This is effing crazy. A standard WOC retails for 2650... and she is charging almost $1k above retail. For an SLG. Kinda strikes a nerve tbh because I was denied a pink WOC last month due to reaching my SLG limit - and I had been waiting MONTHS for it. Then I see it absurdly marked up on IG by someone who doesn’t even want the damn thing. Anyway, here’s the listing... View attachment 5061621
I was hoping to score that WOC as I want a small pink flap or WOC from this season...I think that reseller had a mini in pink as well... I just like looking at what’s available any try to see if my SAs can find them for me but everything pink is tough to find!

I do understand Chanel placing these limits and I hope they help deter resellers but it makes me think, how were resellers getting bags before? It’s not hard to realize someone has bought 7 minis in one month, heck when I was younger and worked at the mall we couldn’t sell over a certain # of items to one customer. Someone must have been okay with selling to the people who were clearly resellers previously.

Also, been seeing people discuss Chanel trying to become H. Could see how Chanel actually likes the resellers going crazy because (similar to H) they’re trying to make classics and certain models harder to buy/less attainable and like H, getting a B/K/C without going in store will cost you a markup, but it makes up for the cat and mouse game (not saying I have an issue with that) just my thoughts...ignore if this makes no sense lol :whut:

The IG and YT luxury post and unboxing BS to get more popular and then say this bag doesn’t work to only resell at a mark up is what drove me away from IG and YT. I have a large following on IG but I never posted anything that I didn’t keep. I unfollow and dropped out of the popular circle because I didn’t follow these fake Instagramers. So sad I was the one who would help people find what they wanted and hook them up with the SA that had it, never purchased to resell. A asked a few of these popular people on IG there price on items they had for sale and was floored by the markup. I know LV you can report a persons IG maybe Chanel should look into that to put a stop the this. I didn’t even try to get a mini handle cause I knew all the resellers bought them up and I wouldn’t have a chance to purchase one. Sad for the true luxury lvoers
Very sad indeed! That’s why I love tpf we help, support and understand each other. It’s all out of our shared love and passion for these beautiful luxury items...and how we wish each other’s wishes come true :hbeat:

Just saw on a FB group that Chanel will be removing authenticity cards and serial stickers but instead some sort of scan ID inside bags just like LV started recently. These can be scanned in boutiques. I would imagine this will make it hard for the resellers on Instagram and FB to flip bags because they rely on authenticity cards to show the authenticity of the bags. Otherwise how would you know the difference between an authentic bag and a counterfeit bag especially for new collections? I really hope this will be the case!

Just saw on a FB group that Chanel will be removing authenticity cards and serial stickers but instead some sort of scan ID inside bags just like LV started recently. These can be scanned in boutiques. I would imagine this will make it hard for the resellers on Instagram and FB to flip bags because they rely on authenticity cards to show the authenticity of the bags. Otherwise how would you know the difference between an authentic bag and a counterfeit bag especially for new collections? I really hope this will be the case!
Can I ask which Facebook group you found this? I didn’t even know LV had moved to scan ID!

Hopefully this is effective but at the least it sounds super cool lol