Resellers getting Chanel items first and selling for premium

Even this will be a challenge because the buyer MUST have a chanel purchase history for remote sales, the credit card billing and shipping addresses must match. I've seen the new rules from a friend. Product limits apply to Shoes, eyewear, small leather goods, RTW. They are all slightly different. Small leather goods is 2 per sku and 2 monthly/12 a year. RTW/Shoes also 2 per sku/monthly no yearly limit. No shipping to non tax states unless client is present in the store and provides proof of residency. Also no selling to clients on the do not sell/do not ship list. For Saks, prior history buying other brands will not let you do a remote sale, you must have Chanel purchase history.
Note that these restrictions are only in US. Australia does not seem to be super strict. May be because of supply/demand.

Resellers will stop at nothing, they work as a team these days they will still be getting multiples of same bag.

I hope so too. But actually in European countries, we are only allowed 1 bag per 2 months and it’s been applied for years. Of course, we can get exception from the store manager.
Yes, I found this out while in Paris in the spring of 2019; my bff and I bought classic flaps at Rue Cambon the first day of our trip, then later in the week we were at Avenue Montaigne looking at shoes and belts when I asked if they had any black minis - I fully expected the answer to be no, because they were extremely hard to come by at that time, but she actually had ONE. I jumped on it, even though I was not planning on making such a large purchase. The SA looked nervous and told me that she may not be able to sell it to me since I had just bought a bag, but luckily the manager was there and said she would make an exception. We were obviously not resellers - we were on a trip of a lifetime, giddy with excitement, like two kids in a candy shop

So that was a relief an exception was made.

Has anyone noticed how many "NEW" Chanel items Fashionphile has listed? Is it possible that they have priority of snagging highly coveted bags due to their partnership with Neiman Marcus? (which obviously leads to a huge markup.) Tell me I'm not the only one who has suspected this..
Hmm ...knowing how hard the brand is cracking down on resellers, I don’t think they would have an agreement to have their leases/non leased boutiques sell the bags to fashionphile. I am betting that individuals sell their bags directly to fashionphile because of higher payouts or they don’t want to return back to the store :sad:

Even this will be a challenge because the buyer MUST have a chanel purchase history for remote sales, the credit card billing and shipping addresses must match. I've seen the new rules from a friend. Product limits apply to Shoes, eyewear, small leather goods, RTW. They are all slightly different. Small leather goods is 2 per sku and 2 monthly/12 a year. RTW/Shoes also 2 per sku/monthly no yearly limit. No shipping to non tax states unless client is present in the store and provides proof of residency. Also no selling to clients on the do not sell/do not ship list. For Saks, prior history buying other brands will not let you do a remote sale, you must have Chanel purchase history.
Oh wow slg’s too... 2 per month!! Glad shoes are still safe... sometimes a girl needs a lot of shoes! I won’t buy two of the same sku ever so glad that’s still ok. Hopefully the rules will become more uniformed so we don’t get confused.
There’s a do not sell/ship list! That’s a good one. A banned list... cool!

Reactions: liz_
Hmm ...knowing how hard the brand is cracking down on resellers, I don’t think they would have an agreement to have their leases/non leased boutiques sell the bags to fashionphile. I am betting that individuals sell their bags directly to fashionphile because of higher payouts or they don’t want to return back to the store :sad:

Yea, that's true that they wouldn't have an agreement, but there's always ways around things.. I can't imagine there are THAT many people who would rather sell directly to FP than return to the store. FP has always lowballed me about 50% of what they would list the item at so depending on the item, you may not be even breaking even for what you paid.

I find what usually happens is when someone sells and others see how much it goes for , it kinda starts a flood on the site. Like the Giant Monogram LV collection a couple of years ago, people even on the LV forum were selling left and right to them because they were giving above retail quotes on most of the pieces. Some people as long as they can make their money back (or more) would rather not have to do a return. It sucks because if it went back to the store it someone else could get it.

I find what usually happens is when someone sells and others see how much it goes for , it kinda starts a flood on the site. Like the Giant Monogram LV collection a couple of years ago, people even on the LV forum were selling left and right to them because they were giving above retail quotes on most of the pieces. Some people as long as they can make their money back (or more) would rather not have to do a return. It sucks because if it went back to the store it someone else could get it.
Exactly! I saw more mini top handles... OMG can’t believe how much they are going for! Glad I got one from my SA. I know a few of my friends want one too but they are not willing to pay FASHIONPHILE pricing.... it’s outrageous! Saw the caramel mini for over 8K again but it’s discounted 5% still that’s sooo crazy.... I wonder how low they will price it at.

Is Saks' system also connected to Chanel's system, or are they still operating separately? I know that Nordstrom is fully connected/have integrated with Chanel's main system. Thanks!

Reactions: lovieluvslux
This is effing crazy. A standard WOC retails for 2650... and she is charging almost $1k above retail. For an SLG. Kinda strikes a nerve tbh because I was denied a pink WOC last month due to reaching my SLG limit - and I had been waiting MONTHS for it. Then I see it absurdly marked up on IG by someone who doesn’t even want the damn thing. Anyway, here’s the listing... 2D47F85A-61A5-4C79-B6C7-02C72B55B32E.jpeg

Is Saks' system also connected to Chanel's system, or are they still operating separately? I know that Nordstrom is fully connected/have integrated with Chanel's main system. Thanks!
Oooh i'd be interested in knowing as well. when i was doing an inventory search on Chat via the Chanel website, they said they couldn't check stock at the department store boutiques but she didn't address customer purchase info.

This is effing crazy. A standard WOC retails for 2650... and she is charging almost $1k above retail. For an SLG. Kinda strikes a nerve tbh because I was denied a pink WOC last month due to reaching my SLG limit - and I had been waiting MONTHS for it. Then I see it absurdly marked up on IG by someone who doesn’t even want the damn thing. Anyway, here’s the listing... View attachment 5061621
Julia Rose Boston just sold a preowned woc for $2850 (retail now is $2500+tax?). This is rev/permenent collection and I was able to purchase mine from the boutique years ago. Are rev items hard to get now? Am I missing something?

Screenshot_20210421-114534_Instagram.jpg

Julia Rose Boston just sold a preowned woc for $2850 (retail now is $2500+tax?). This is rev/permenent collection and I was able to purchase mine from the boutique years ago. Are rev items hard to get now? Am I missing something?

View attachment 5061870
I wouldn't be surprised if these are slightly marked up to account for discounts to inventory after it's been sitting for a while. They are probably banking on buyers who don't have access to boutiques or SAs. That's the only reason I can think of why people would pay more than current retail!

Reactions: Glitterbomb
Yeah. I have/had 2 solid Chanel NM SA's. When Chanel took over the boutique inside the stores, the legacy NM SA's were pushed out.
So now I have to establish a whole new relationship with new SA's. Forget it.. it's not worth it. I am no longer "drinking the Chanel kool-aide". It was hard before all this and no I don't have the patience.

I have requested SA's.....nothing. The ones I did have either lost their jobs when the boutique closed or the mall itself went under housing where I shopped. Two of my SA's retired. I'd love to find one but with phones not being answered, how the heck is that going to happen?! *heavy sigh* Geez, it shouldn't be THIS FREAKING HARD, you know? No wonder people just suck it up and spend DOUBLE the money via resellers.

Social media, following the popular girls/boy, fashionistas, fashion bloggers, etc.. can be dangerous. I saw the caramel/brown colour bags take off. I would jump to different youtubers , and watch them all unveil this sought after colour. Since browns (at least with Chanel) have not been released in a while, everyone is going gaga. :nuts::nuts:

My wardrobe doesn't pair well with beautiful browns, so it was overhyped to me.

I have a Celine in tobacco brown. Barely use it, but will not sell it.

IM SHOOK!
okay since Some Time has past.... What are our thoughts on the carmel color? Was the hype deserved? As new season colors are released are we going to look back and think theses bags were unjustifiably overpriced?