Resellers getting Chanel items first and selling for premium

From Saks SA:

View attachment 5056645
View attachment 5056655

This is great news for us who have had it with resellers!

I do feel bad for the actual collectors though who will be affected by this new policy.

This came from an SA? The word choice and grammar seems a bit unprofessional for an official Chanel employee.

Anyways I guess it is good news but 12 a year is an awful lot! I would like to see a restriction to 4-5 or 3 per half year similar to Hermes.

Reactions: 2manychins
This came from an SA? The word choice and grammar seems a bit unprofessional for an official Chanel employee.

Anyways I guess it is good news but 12 a year is an awful lot! I would like to see a restriction to 4-5 or 3 per half year similar to Hermes.
Chanel at Saks NYC. This was sent through his group chat of clients he has been working with for years. He’s a nice guy and his “poor” grammar doesn’t really bother me.

I saw another reseller that has more “unicorn” bags... it’s the rose gold mini and someone also posted another reseller with so many minis...

Nothing will stop them... as several had mentioned they will ask their relatives or friends to acquire these pieces and sell them...

And the only way to get them to stop IS really not purchasing from them...it’s tough sometimes for us when we get desperate for a piece .. we have to resist the temptation!! For me though when the price is highly inflated that usually does it... which is how resellers list them.... super inflated pricing!

I just watched a YouTube video from xsakisaki. She got the highly sought after 21S NC022 light pink caviar CF but she’s complaining about the color is not what she expected. She said she will resell the bag instead. What she said is really upsetting. Why isn’t she returning the bag to the Chanel boutique instead so other people on the waitlist can get it? There’s a ton of other true Chanel lovers who will cherish the bag and cannot wait to get their hands on it. The fact that she’s announcing it publicly that she will resell the bag is just sooo freaking gross! Shame on her!
I guess she is just buying bags and selling them so she can make content for her YouTube videos

I guess she is just buying bags and selling them so she can make content for her YouTube videos

A few days ago she posted a story under her “sale reviews” highlights on Instagram & sold a 21s pink camellia cardholder!! She recently did an unboxing video for it. I wonder if she sold the one she unboxed. I unsubscribed and unfollowed but I was curious to see if she sold more.

• Angry
Reactions: platanoparty
i also commented on her video saying to return the bag. she for sure knew the color was on the lilac side, the bag has been out for about a month now, there are unboxings on youtube, tens of photos in purseforum. she is shameless.

between that and the anti-black instagram stories of hello catwalk city (about duchess of sussex and the oprah interview), i'm done with small time influencer-wannabes.
What was her ig story about ? How was it anti black? I dont follow her.

IM SHOOK!
okay since Some Time has past.... What are our thoughts on the carmel color? Was the hype deserved? As new season colors are released are we going to look back and think theses bags were unjustifiably overpriced?

Honestly I LOVE this caramel color. I didn't think I wanted a brown chanel bag until photos of this color came out.
But with that being said, there's no way to justify the insane premiums on those :-s especially with the white spotting issue people have reported??

Here in Korea the resellers are waiting sometimes even the day before the store opens to get the popular bag, it’s called “open run” here. Most of the time the waiting lines are anyway ridiculous, but people buying from resellers or hiring people to wait in line for them instead make the problem worse. Some Chanel boutiques try to fight back by saying they don’t have specific bags in stock and then in the afternoon they suddenly have them, so that the resellers that waited for hours to be first in line don’t get them.

IM SHOOK!
okay since Some Time has past.... What are our thoughts on the carmel color? Was the hype deserved? As new season colors are released are we going to look back and think theses bags were unjustifiably overpriced?

I took my caramel rectangle and submitted it to fashionphile to see what kind of over they would give me and they would only give me 4700. They would charge double if I tried to buy it. Lol

I saw another reseller that has more “unicorn” bags... it’s the rose gold mini and someone also posted another reseller with so many minis...

Nothing will stop them... as several had mentioned they will ask their relatives or friends to acquire these pieces and sell them...

And the only way to get them to stop IS really not purchasing from them...it’s tough sometimes for us when we get desperate for a piece .. we have to resist the temptation!! For me though when the price is highly inflated that usually does it... which is how resellers list them.... super inflated pricing!
Even this will be a challenge because the buyer MUST have a chanel purchase history for remote sales, the credit card billing and shipping addresses must match. I've seen the new rules from a friend. Product limits apply to Shoes, eyewear, small leather goods, RTW. They are all slightly different. Small leather goods is 2 per sku and 2 monthly/12 a year. RTW/Shoes also 2 per sku/monthly no yearly limit. No shipping to non tax states unless client is present in the store and provides proof of residency. Also no selling to clients on the do not sell/do not ship list. For Saks, prior history buying other brands will not let you do a remote sale, you must have Chanel purchase history.