Resellers getting Chanel items first and selling for premium

I don’t understand how these really difficult bags that’s we can’t seem to get a hold of from any boutique, department store in the Uk seem to be offered on re sellers Instagram stories as if they are in abundance too !! Some are sourcing them from Hong Kong and other countries but how are they getting the volumes ?

I just read the entire post on FB. Funny how these peeps now use the law. First sale is a doctrine, not a law. Ever heard of "clean hands?" These transactions with no receipts and price gouging is pretty much the black market on full display. LOL. Unbelievable. They don't add anything valuable to the product but rather artificially sets the price high. I don't even think they declare their profits in their taxes.

As Chanel dives into this, I can see them putting something like you can't sell the bag within a year after purchase. I don't see why Chanel can't do this so these resellers stop hoarding. By the time the trend is up, people have moved on and the bag from the last collection already forgotten.

Last edited:
I just read the entire post on FB. Funny how these peeps now use the law. First sale is a doctrine, not a law. Ever heard of "clean hands?" These transactions with no receipts with price gouging is pretty much the black market on full display. LOL. Unbelievable. They don't add anything valuable to the product but rather artificially sets the price high.

As Chanel dives into this, I can see them putting something like you can't sell the bag within a year after purchase. I don't see why Chanel can't do this so these resellers stop hoarding. By the time the trend is up, people have moved on and the bag from the last collection already forgotten.

I hope they do something similar to Rolex.
It’s so annoying to not be able to purchase a bag yet and be on allocation of one bag every 60 days, yet these re sellers seem to be able to get hold of bags whenever they feel like it, and also hear they are coming from Hong Kong ? I wouldn’t buy personally from a re seller incase of super fakes and the high price tag.

Reactions: vilette21c
Feels like everyone is a reseller these days..

Same with Maria Draganova, every week there is a Chanel unboxing. I used to like her content but when every video is another unboxing is like come on, don't you have any other ideas of content to make? On the other hand I recently discovered Colourful Noir and I love that she puts so much thought before buying something.
I love Colorful Noir- Aileen.

@arcsales The reason why IG sellers are getting shut down is because they don’t own any product and are promoting Chanel as a brand for their service. This violates copyright laws because they are promoting Chanel and selling items that they are not in possession of. I can go on IG and sell you a bag from Chanel and promote it as such. I can’t go on IG and promote the idea of Chanel, using their logos to get them to use my service. Thank you for coming with facts and correct information. I'm quoting you because a friend of mine mentioned this to me a couple of months ago that Sa's that had IG accounts couldn't show Chanel products. Misinformation on various social media platforms leads to a unfair witch hunt, bullying etc. Looking reading and just my observation I really didn't think resellers or PS was going to be put out of business. The choice is yours not to patronage a business.

Whether it is a doctrine , legal, whatever, at the end it is about moral ethics. Allowing flipping and accepting the prices that their clients are requesting for consigning is just a pathetic excuse for all of these RESELLERS to price gouge and rip off from their customers. And this is not fair for all those who still want to purchase from their SAs. Their suggestion of build up a relationship with your SA like we do is just so lame. How can we do that when you hoard all of the best items??! And please don't say oh we take time away from our families to help you...umm no one asked you to do that!! And I am not pitying you for that. I have interacted with some personal shoppers for some vintage Chanel items like some PPs said is acceptable and some are so NICE and respond back promptly. While some are just plain rude! I also understand why people prefer Chanel because you can get all your money back when you sell the bag down the road but buying to flip and make money out of it is just WRONG! And these resellers encourage it.

And all those FB admins who allow this are equally to blame as well. Allowing posts of people who are asking to pay 8000 dollars for a rectangle mini is just pathetic and also shocking TBH. DISGUSTING!

Don't encourage them! Don't buy from them! I will say this again and again!

If I post this in a FB group, I will be instantly banned from it. All I do is read such posts and SMH. I am only in those groups to look out for new items and how to style bags, accessories, etc. but lately the activity in these groups is leaving a bad taste and disappointing. I hope they start getting shut down too.

I’m not a legal expert, but I do think there is some ground for getting these resellers shut down, even with the first sale doctrine Supreme Court ruling.

1. Fakes could be mixed in with authentic products. Some of these resellers have bulk amounts and one poster already posted the caramel color looking different. Very shady and worrisome. One of the many reasons I will only by from the boutique or authorized department store like Neimans or Saks.
2. If, similar to Hermes, when you buy a product directly from Chanel their terms of service states that you are not buying to profit or resell, hence if you do resell you are breaking their terms of service you agreed to when you purchased the item.
3. The FTC , DOJ, and other regulatory agencies (these are US ones only), are constantly changing on the level of enforcement against terms of service violators. Check out this first ever enforcement on the Bots Act that came this year https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/press-releases/2021/01/ftc-brings-first-ever-cases-under-bots-act
Not related to handbags, and it has to do with automated bots which is different, but the purpose is the same as what these Chanel resellers are doing. Hoarding up supply and making it impossible to purchase directly from the source, the right way.
I’m hoping we’ll see more enforcement against Chanel and H resellers. They brought it on themselves so they should watch out. I for one am fine with not being able to resell. I buy to keep forever, which is how it should be in my opinion. If I tire of an item or don’t use it anymore I’ll give it away to a relative or save it to pass down to nieces or grand kids.

Last edited:
I’m not a legal expert, but I do think there is some ground for getting these resellers shut down, even with the first sale doctrine Supreme Court ruling.

1. Fakes could be mixed in with authentic products. Some of these resellers have bulk amounts and one poster already posted the caramel color looking different. Very shady and worrisome. One of the many reasons I will only by from the boutique or authorized department store like Neimans or Saks.
2. If, similar to Hermes, when you buy a product directly from Chanel their terms of service states that you are not buying to profit or resell, hence if you do resell you are breaking their terms of service you agreed to when you purchased the item.
3. The FTC , DOJ, and other regulatory agencies (these are US ones only), are constantly changing on the level of enforcement against terms of service violators. Check out this first even enforcement on the Bots Act that came this year https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/press-releases/2021/01/ftc-brings-first-ever-cases-under-bots-act
Not related to handbags, and it has to do with automated bots which is different, but the purpose is the same as what these Chanel resellers are doing. Hoarding up supply and making it impossible to purchase directly from the source, the right way.
I’m hoping we’ll see more enforcement against Chanel and H resellers. They brought it on themselves so they should watch out. I for one am fine with not being able to resell. I buy to keep forever, which is how it should be in my opinion. If I tire of an item or don’t use it anymore I’ll give it away to a relative or save it to pass down to nieces or grand kids.
Exactly! I never buy with an intention to sell. I have bought a Dior bag which doesnt have a good resell value but I dont care honestly because I love that bag so much! Same with my Chanel bag. It is despicable to see some people (not resellers) resell a just bought Caramel Chanel 19 for 1500 dollars more because they want to make money out of it. I also saw some people post a bag selling it at the same price they paid for including the tax. It is understandable for them to ask for shipping and PP fees. I make sure to like such posts.

Whether it is a doctrine , legal, whatever, at the end it is about moral ethics. Allowing flipping and accepting the prices that their clients are requesting for consigning is just a pathetic excuse for all of these RESELLERS to price gouge and rip off from their customers. And this is not fair for all those who still want to purchase from their SAs. Their suggestion of build up a relationship with your SA like we do is just so lame. How can we do that when you hoard all of the best items??! And please don't say oh we take time away from our families to help you...umm no one asked you to do that!! And I am not pitying you for that. I have interacted with some personal shoppers for some vintage Chanel items like some PPs said is acceptable and some are so NICE and respond back promptly. While some are just plain rude! I also understand why people prefer Chanel because you can get all your money back when you sell the bag down the road but buying to flip and make money out of it is just WRONG! And these resellers encourage it.

And all those FB admins who allow this are equally to blame as well. Allowing posts of people who are asking to pay 8000 dollars for a rectangle mini is just pathetic and also shocking TBH. DISGUSTING!

Don't encourage them! Don't buy from them! I will say this again and again!

If I post this in a FB group, I will be instantly banned from it. All I do is read such posts and SMH. I am only in those groups to look out for new items and how to style bags, accessories, etc. but lately the activity in these groups is leaving a bad taste and disappointing. I hope they start getting shut down too.

I totally agree. I wouldn't bother replying there or posting what I just said. There's some people there pushing back though, kudos to them.

These peeps are leeches, don't add any value but demand 1k up profit on each bag. The buyer is left with no recourse if they got a defective bag plus if the bag is fake. Somebody even posted justifying being a reseller. HA! Answering 500 questions is hard work, she mentioned. Laughable.

I never understood the appeal of getting a specific season and color. There are plenty beautiful pinks Chanel had made. The Rose Clair isn’t so special and they’re doing Caramel again.

Yea one thing I will never clamor over is a Chanel pink. They come out with so many so often. Even witb this iridescent beige, I love it but I’m confident Chanel will come out with something similar within the next 3 years so I’m not going crazy over it

Fwdstyling is a low key reseller. She doesn’t flat out advertise her bags for sale. She will sneakily add available in a pic or comment. She asks almost $8500 for a rose Clair medium flap and a little less for purple and Carmel. Her account needs to be banned too.
Another offender is Myrena_fashionlover , she’s changed her handle so many times at this point because she keeps getting banned from IG. She is a reseller, she uses the same exact photos SAs from saks and neimans post on WhatsApp and PhotoCircle and will try to crop out of her reposted pictures any identifiers, like the SAs nail polish color etc. she also has all her items shipped to a facility in Oregon, to avoid paying sales tax. I hope she never regains her account access. All of these resellers need to be banned and blocked from Chanel.