Resellers and the prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 6, 2007
Has anyone bought one of those frightfully priced Birkins on feebay? I guess I am wondering if people actually pay those prices or is there some percentage off one would offer. It seems that some bags have been listed for years..........any thoughts?

And, how do the resellers get these bags? Do some people just go for broke in the store, carry the bag once, and then have to unload it when they see the bill? Or, do people buy a scarce bag and hope to make a profit by reselling?

i think the resellers are in cahoots with certain of the SA's and possibly buy them from individuals who get a finders fee or cut of the profit. however-i am curious if these crazy prices are for show on feebay and they are actually negotiable

The impetus for my question is that my friend wants a birkin --iris or mykonos. she is willing to pay a premium but not $20000 for an 11,000 bag. she asked me if the resellers were negotiable and I dont know

^ I remember a discussion about this (a long, long time ago) and someone pointed out that the crazy prices were advertised to weed out the "time wasters" and that most of the re-sellers were negotiable.

I can't recall the specifics though....

It's always worth asking, making a reasonable offer.

I tried to negotiate with one of the big resellers recently....I was willing to pay a premium but not the crazy price she was asking. She was not willing to take any less than $900 off the eBay asking price.

I tried to negotiate with one of the big resellers recently....I was willing to pay a premium but not the crazy price she was asking. She was not willing to take any less than $900 off the eBay asking price.

thats nuts. many of these bags are from 2 and 3 years past too so the prices paid are not current retail either.

This was actually for an N stamp bag...but still. I think they are very comfortable asking these prices because the overall inventory is low. I consider myself to be determined and resourceful when it comes to finding bags but it is challenging right now.

I did ask at least 2 resellers recently too as I am hoping to get one of the birkin and being told that they will either give me free shipping or they are willing to give a discount about $ 1,000 if I do bank transfer off ebay. So price negotiation won't be as much as you would hope it be.

It's also depends on the current asking price. I tried to negotiate but the bag got sold while I was doing that, lol. The popular sellers take either a tiny off or not at all. I researched hard for a month and gave up on buying from Hermes and went back to my concierge company to deal with resellers and find mine. Oh well, I make myself feel better thinking the prices go up every year, hehe

Reactions: arighome@yahoo.
Would love to know of any tried and trusted authentic resellers. There are so many fake bags out there, listed as "authentic" or " "100% Genuine" and they are definitely not! It's a mine field!!

Reactions: arighome@yahoo.
Status
Not open for further replies.