Research your beauty products INGREDIENTS

The fact of the matter is that there are many things in life that can be harmful, especially when used in excess. Unless people go back to the way of life 100 years ago there is almost no escaping being around carcinogens, toxins, etc. Driving a car, eating grilled foods heck walking down the street we can be exposed to things that may have even more of an affect on our body than most cosmetics. I suppose the way we have to look at this, along with everything in life, is to use things in moderation. Our bodies do have the ability to fight off many things and heal, we have to keep this in mind and not panic...... that said in my opinion it is good to be aware of what all companies use in any products we purchase (food, cosmetics, etc.)regardless of FDA approval.

I only use certified 100% natural products, and this includes makeup, shampoo, conditioner, soap, and body lotion. In fact, I buy my soaps homemade at the farmer's market. They are so creamy, and it makes me feel like I am rubbing chemicals all over myself when I use mainstream brands. I also stopped using certain deodorants that contain parabans (sp?). You don't need to be fanatical, but it is good to be informed and conscious.

STLOrganics, I really admire you for being so aware and doing your research! I just checked out the safecosmetics.org website and am loving it. Thanks for posting it! I am also going to check out that makeup you suggested.