RERE made me do it! Dyeing my black city black!

ShoeLover

O.G.
Nov 2, 2006
So after seeing REREsaurous amazing results dyeing her first, I decided to do the same thing to my 2007 city. Here are the BEFORE & AFTER PHOTOS! What do you guys think???

BEFORE

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Dyeing01.jpg
    Dyeing01.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 1,207
  • Dyeing02.jpg
    Dyeing02.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 1,202
Last edited:
AFTER moisturizing with apple care:yahoo: I am very happy with the results! Thanks RERE for the tip!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Dyeing05.jpg
    Dyeing05.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 1,192
  • Dyeing06.jpg
    Dyeing06.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 1,251
  • Dyeing07.jpg
    Dyeing07.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 1,183
Does the dye only have one version of black? I'm wondering if there's a black dye that won't give the shiny look when finished. The outdoor "AFTER" pictures look like metallic pewter under the sun, but the shine seems to be gone after conditioning. Is that true?

Does the dye only have one version of black? I'm wondering if there's a black dye that won't give the shiny look when finished. The outdoor "AFTER" pictures look like metallic pewter under the sun, but the shine seems to be gone after conditioning. Is that true?
Yes, after the dye it get's really shiny and a little bit sticky but after moisturizing it just looks a lot better! It just looks like your old broken-in b-bag but darker :tup:

O:huh:H Look at you! It looks wonderful! WOW!!! I need a Black City NOW.

Your bag still looked gorgeous before the transformation, but AFTER is absolutely stunning. Amazing how it turned out!

It is true huh? About the minor sticky feeling.... how one coat of AG really does it up nicely.

Man, I really like it. Good job, girl! (Was wondering where you disappeared to. =P)

^^ No worries, we should actually all thank dstar! She is the one who started this whole movement.

Even though My BG Day's conversion isn't finished... I'm sure glad my Black first turned about as great as it did. Yours looks better than mine, I'm totally impressed!

Woot!