Requesting Opinions on MFF Beach Stripe E/W Tote

BonBonz

Dec 12, 2010
I picked this up at the outlet today. Love the colors and rope handles. I don't own anything beachy so I thought this would be a fun kick-a-round bag for the summer. I imagined wearing it with white tees and khaki capris or shorts.

But my sister saw it and gave me THAT look that read "What were you thinking?" :weird:

Kind of burst my bubble. :sad: What do you think? Keep or return?

450232625_photobucket_37242_.jpg

Close-up of smokey blue, pistachio green, coral and off-white stripes:
450232625_photobucket_37245_.jpg

Seahorse and Coach hangtag:
450232625_photobucket_37243_.jpg

Dove grey interior:
450232625_photobucket_37246_.jpg

I personally don't like it. I love the idea of wearing it with white t shirts, capris, and shorts. I don't like blue so thats my only problem with it. I love the seahorse tho. It is so cute. If it wasn't blue I would like it more but I am sure there are a ton of people who would love it. Like you!

JMHO - I think it looks cheap (sorry, I know you like it) The new summer stuff will be in the outlets in a month or two, I would wait and get something of better quality.

ETA - I have seen them IRL, my opinion is based on what I saw.

I kind of like it. I saw it in the outlets, and passed due to my budget, but I think it's cute for a casual summer bag. Afraid it might show wear through. Good luck with your decision!

I think it is totally adorable....saw it in the outlet today but did not catch the price. I would not spend over $100 on it because of it being seasonal and it will definitely get dirty. But if you go to the beach a lot it would be a great accessory

I personally don't like it. I love the idea of wearing it with white t shirts, capris, and shorts. I don't like blue so thats my only problem with it. I love the seahorse tho. It is so cute. If it wasn't blue I would like it more but I am sure there are a ton of people who would love it. Like you!

JMHO - I think it looks cheap (sorry, I know you like it) The new summer stuff will be in the outlets in a month or two, I would wait and get something of better quality.

ETA - I have seen them IRL, my opinion is based on what I saw.

I kind of like it. I saw it in the outlets, and passed due to my budget, but I think it's cute for a casual summer bag. Afraid it might show wear through. Good luck with your decision!

Appreciate your feedback and the honest criticisms. Like I said my bubble has definitely burst. I'm left wondering if I just wanted something beachy because there's so much of it out now like the Audrey totes, Natalie straw totes or some of the MFF summer stuff that I feel like there's got to be something I like. I gravitated toward this tote because of the colors and rope detailing and convinced myself that this was the ONE. But it's really not my usual style - none of the summer stuff is.

Just needed to hear it from a few others. I think she's going back to the outlet this weekend. But let's not tell Sis she was right, ok?

I think it is totally adorable....saw it in the outlet today but did not catch the price. I would not spend over $100 on it because of it being seasonal and it will definitely get dirty. But if you go to the beach a lot it would be a great accessory

After the coupon, it was about $119 before taxes. It is cute but just not for me.

I like it...but I don't love it. This is probably only because the white rope handles will get so dirty and that bothers me. However, if it did go on clearance I would probably buy it because I like the colors and I have yet to buy a canvas (y) tote.

Sorry your bubble was burst, I'm sure there will be some cute summer bags out very soon for you.

The rope handles are fun and nautical, and I like the colors and the seahorse charm. That being said, I'm not loving the horizontal stripes on an E-W tote. I'd like the tote more if it were N-S or bucket-shaped like the Alex or Poppy Bella.

I actually like it, and I think the material will hold up well. But I do think a lot of the FP beach stuff will hit the outlet later this summer, so if you like that better you may want to wait. The downside is you have to wait, and the FP totes are IMO not as good for knock-around bags because of the cute decorations - the MFF tote would do great.

The only thing I like is the seahorse charm. It's a cute bag but not worth the spending so much on it. With the same amount I'm sure you can get a decent leather tote which will lasts you all seasons.

My biggest concern is how to keep the white rope handles clean. :sad:

when i first saw a picture online i thought i just NEEDED to have it.

when i saw it in person, i realized this is the type of bag that i can find in a discount store. the seahorse is cute but not >$100 cute. also white fabric rope handles=won't stay white long.

I do like it but I also think it looks kind of cheap. That could be the pic though--I haven't seen it irl. But what matters is if you like it. It's hard getting negative comments because that alone can ruin your own opinion of it.

I voted keep. It's a great nylon that they used on the outside and I love the pattern. The ONLY downside of why I didn't buy it right away (and no, not because I knew eventually they'd go to 50% off) is because it's a bit smaller than I had hoped. If it was about an inch or two taller I would have bought it.