REQUEST to all that post pictures

LT bag lady

MASTER ENABLER
O.G.
Apr 20, 2007
on eBay, here or anywhere online. I love looking at every's collections and love when detailed pictures are posted. BUT, ladies we need to WATERMARK!

I have spent over 2 hrs this morning reporting eBay auctions with stolen pictures of beautiful authentic handbags. People will bid and win these because what they see is authentic, but who knows what they will receive. I hate to see these thieves get away with this and when we do not watermark we enable these thieves.

Please, please, please WATERMARK!

off my soapbox now.
Cheers,

I have seen very non-technical but effective watermarking--someone's hand is holding a small piece of paper with whatever the watermark would say (if the person knew how to REALLY watermark) right over the item--like post-it size. He was careful not to block any of the important parts plus it gave a good indication of the bag's size.

One I laughed at because it was obviously a guy's hand (very hairy arm) and there he is helping his wife out by doing this 'watermarking' in multiple pix of the handbag. I just love it when the hubbie or boyfriend models the bags too, I'm weird that way, I guess.

urg.... now i need to watermark more than 20 pics/ auction

I use Auctiva to list my auctions and keep my images. You can watermark 20 images with just a few clicks, you can batch watermark on Auctiva. My eBay ID is my default, when I watermark for tPF I change the watermark to this user id and I also write 'not for sale'.
Cheers

Another thing, if you host your photos elsewhere and you have sold your bag, it would be a good idea to delete the photos or somehow change the link so they are not accessible on the eBay auction page after the auction ends.

I'm sure many lurkers not only look for pictures on this forum, but also on completed listings as well!