Request for Opinions on Leah v Greta

lola73

Jan 1, 2010
So the sale is fast approaching and I am getting myself ready to try to nab something at a slightly more reasonable price.
I had a yearning for an Oak Greta earlier this year but my OL Alexa came along at the right time and stole my Greta funds. I'm also not convinced that Oak is the colour for me anyway. Now a Greta in Midnight might be a nice possibility but has anyone got one or seen it in real life to tell me what it's like?

Another possibility would be the Leah in black. I've seen a few of these and love the softness of the leather and the gunmetal hardware. Anyone got one to give me a review of how it is wearing and I'd love some photos?

If anyone wants to chime in with their opinions on those bags, please do. I'd welcome opinions before I commit a substantial sum of money (even at sale prices!). Thanks!

I have the Leah shoulder in Peony Pink, and I love it. The leather is so smoochy, and the pockets make it really useful. Black would be lovely. Saw a Greta in Manchester the other week. I was surprised that it did not 'WOW' me, and I would prefer my Leah (which I had with me at the time) anyday. Just MO, can you get to see both IRL?

My vote goes for Greta! (there's always one :rolleyes:) - just because the drawstring-like opening on the Leah would drive me up the wall! I agree that the Leah leather is gorgeous though!

Thanks girls. I have to say after seeing the Oak Greta it didn't blow me away either. That's why I thought maybe the midnight might be better but I'm not sure if it only comes in the tote version in that colour?
Much as I love black bags do I really need three?

mmm tough one- I have the same problems every time I see a bag I like its invariably black and I have far too many black bags- midnight sounds nice though - havent seen on irl

Tough Q, I love both too but *adore* the two-tone effect of the Midnight Greta (and the pebbly leather generally - I know you're thinking of oak) so that's one I'm going to be hunting for in the sale - Greta gets my vote! Also I :heart: the tassles, they really set off the bag.

Tough Q, I love both too but *adore* the two-tone effect of the Midnight Greta (and the pebbly leather generally - I know you're thinking of oak) so that's one I'm going to be hunting for in the sale - Greta gets my vote! Also I :heart: the tassles, they really set off the bag.

You can really see the two-tone effect on the enlarged photos LittleMissBags on the eBay listing. Very nice - a mix of blue and black and gunmetal hardware by the looks of it! Hmmm....

2 lovely bags! I think I prefer the Greta, personally. I love the way the leather looks and the tassels are fab. But I also take BmB's point that it is a bit Gucci-esque. Nothing wrong with that though! I love the gucci bag with the tassels and the bamboo handle. My friend has one and it is gorgeous! The leah looks more like a mulberry bag but i think that greta edges it for me xx

Thanks for all the opinions on Greta and Leah tpf ladies. The decision was almost made for me tonight. I had no control over it...honestly ;)

All shall be revealed....just not yet ;:graucho: