Reputation thingy - new?

SwankyMamaof3 said:
Did you find it? Click on User CP to see what was left. Also, click on the little whote scales under your naem to see how many you have.

Thanks SMof3.. I'll try to check it... anyway, I have more fun reading & posting than checking my points... but now I'm curious :biggrin:

I am not too big on the reputation thing. It tends to be popularity all the way and people trying to be overly kind to gain points instead of truly contributing to the forum. It becomes a whole different ball game. To me, that is not why I am here. That is more for the high school game.

Have a nice day ladies.

Reactions: eyelove
Kellybag said:
I am not too big on the reputation thing. It tends to be popularity all the way and people trying to be overly kind to gain points instead of truly contributing to the forum. It becomes a whole different ball game. To me, that is not why I am here. That is more for the high school game.

Have a nice day ladies.

Excellent point, Kellybag!

Kellybag said:

Have a nice day ladies.

We are trying it out and if we think it becomes a popularity contest or causes too much drama or stress we will remove it. Vlad and I thought it could be fun though too! :amuse:

ha this is exactly why I think we need the naming feature on the reputation : "bout time u kept ur nose out of somethin" someone was not willing to leave a name for that one

Megs said:
We are trying it out and if we think it becomes a popularity contest or causes too much drama or stress we will remove it. Vlad and I thought it could be fun though too! :amuse:

I saw a fun feature on other boards which was the gain of board-dollars, which could then be exchanged for perks like a cute little sign next to the name, name in a different colour, changing username or the right to change titles... loads of things. People could also buy e-pets for their CP, etc.
The bonuses were given out on per-post and general activity basis.

The reputation system was being abused for the purpose of anonymously insulting members...

In the other forums I go to,posting reputation is never anonymous.

I'm glad that it's been removed here. I think it was coincidentally introduced at a bad time...:sad: ...a pity for all of us who were exchanging pleasantries.