Reputable resellers of VCA or always better to buy new in store?

kashmira

Team Orange
O.G.
Feb 6, 2008
Does anyone know if there are any reputable resellers of VCA (I am looking for the Sweet Alhambra diamond earstuds and perhaps also the Vintage Alhambra diamond ring) or is it always better (safer) to buy new in store?

I’d buy in store for anything that’s a current collection piece. The discounts aren’t worth enough for peace of mind. Stories of resellers swapping stones or sending high quality replicas. Especially if you’re newer to the brand, you won’t have anything to compare it to and then may have to spend extra to have it authenticated.

I have purchased retired pieces, but not having the documents is going to be annoying if I encounter pushback if I ever need them serviced.

I’d also add that boutique service is great and SAs I’ve encountered have been really helpful! It’s a great experience.

Reactions: kashmira and DS2006
Resellers are not considerably cheaper esp. for the more popular designs. I’d rather enjoy the boutique experience.
I’d buy in store for anything that’s a current collection piece. The discounts aren’t worth enough for peace of mind. Stories of resellers swapping stones or sending high quality replicas. Especially if you’re newer to the brand, you won’t have anything to compare it to and then may have to spend extra to have it authenticated.

I have purchased retired pieces, but not having the documents is going to be annoying if I encounter pushback if I ever need them serviced.

I’d also add that boutique service is great and SAs I’ve encountered have been really helpful! It’s a great experience.
I would recommend buying in store.

No authenticity issues to worry about :yes:
Second hand prices are too close to retail aside from concern about authenticity. Buy new if it's a current item.

Thanks all for your replies! There is no VCA store in my country and due to the pandemic we don't have any travel plans at the moment. So for now my I have to buy online and I think thought I could as well do it from a reputable reseller (if such exists) if the price was lower but if there is a risk of getting a fake I will certainly purchase directly from VCA.

I do buy VCA from resellers and private sellers. But I know the brand very well and it is hard to trick me into a fake.
Modern certificates are pretty much difficult to replicate. If the seller has a full set, then of course it is safer but not always. There are websites that do authentication when you buy item through them from someone but this is also not 100% reliable. If you don't have an option to buy VCA in your country, then I think it still makes sense to consider reseller/private seller but be extra careful and I would advice getting third party opinion before the purchase. Honest seller will show you the item from all the sides, will give you clear pics and videos.
Not everyone shows serial number in full though (and I can totally relate to this) but even if it's partially hidden, it is still possible to make a conclusion.

Reactions: kashmira
You can always try buying from VCA online and if shipping isn’t offered to your country, maybe try a ship and send rerouting service?

I’m waiting until I can travel to try on pieces. If you’re able to be patient, you may have better luck with stock.