Reporting Fakes on eBay: Three Ways

Can anyone please comment on the following user and their listings:

lylymor09

an example listing:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bvlgari-serpenti-red-Handbag-Bulgari-Authentic-bag/164075838015?hash=item2633ae9a3f:g:biggrin:94AAOSwQlZeJNmN

T
hey appear to be selling a lot of ‘authentic’ bags but strangely none have their authenticity cards, which (I think) is unusual if you owned so many high end luxury bags.
I don't know Bulgari (Bvlgari) well enough to know whether that listing or any of her other listings are authentic or not. (I do know Coach but she doesn't show some of the necessary pictures needed to prove or disprove authenticity of the bag.)

What I will say is that your concern with the lack of "authenticity cards" is, IMO, baseless. Props get lost, discarded as well as faked. Or genuine props can be used in listings of fakes to "prove" authenticity of a fake.

It's not the props that prove or disprove authenticity. It's the details of the items themselves and if the right pictures are shown and can prove authenticity of the items, that's the important thing.

No item should ever be reported unless you know what makes it fake and lack of authenticity cards proves nothing. (And in fact, some brands don't have "authenticity cards" and if listings of those brands show them, it's a red flag.)

JMO.

Tha
I don't know Bulgari (Bvlgari) well enough to know whether that listing or any of her other listings are authentic or not. (I do know Coach but she doesn't show some of the necessary pictures needed to prove or disprove authenticity of the bag.)

What I will say is that your concern with the lack of "authenticity cards" is, IMO, baseless. Props get lost, discarded as well as faked. Or genuine props can be used in listings of fakes to "prove" authenticity of a fake.

It's not the props that prove or disprove authenticity. It's the details of the items themselves and if the right pictures are shown and can prove authenticity of the items, that's the important thing.

No item should ever be reported unless you know what makes it fake and lack of authenticity cards proves nothing. (And in fact, some brands don't have "authenticity cards" and if listings of those brands show them, it's a red flag.)

JMO.

Thankyou. I fell victim to this person as I purchased a bag which turned out to be fake. The kind Authenticators on this forum helped me.
I just don’t want to see anyone else end up in the same situation!

Reactions: GucciLouisFendiOhMy
Those who are more familiar with eBay, how often do they actually pull the listings for fake items? I've been reporting fake Proenza bags from time to time over the last few months, but none of the listings I reported - not a single one - has been pulled.

Is it pointless? Or does it only work if several people report the listing?

Those who are more familiar with eBay, how often do they actually pull the listings for fake items? I've been reporting fake Proenza bags from time to time over the last few months, but none of the listings I reported - not a single one - has been pulled.

Is it pointless? Or does it only work if several people report the listing?
Reporting is never pointless since nothing will be removed without a report.

I think multiple reports from different users are more apt to get second (or third, fourth or more) looks from TPTB than a single report, thus the various Hall of Shame threads here on this forum as well as others.

There have also been rumors that ebay is more apt to act on reports from certain reporters across all categories but there's no concrete evidence nor confirmation from ebay.

My suggestion and what I do is keep reporting and hopefully, at least some of those fakes will be removed. And even better is that sometimes, a seller even gets naru'ed if they continue to list fakes.

Reporting is never pointless since nothing will be removed without a report.

I think multiple reports from different users are more apt to get second (or third, fourth or more) looks from TPTB than a single report, thus the various Hall of Shame threads here on this forum as well as others.

There have also been rumors that ebay is more apt to act on reports from certain reporters across all categories but there's no concrete evidence nor confirmation from ebay.

My suggestion and what I do is keep reporting and hopefully, at least some of those fakes will be removed. And even better is that sometimes, a seller even gets naru'ed if they continue to list fakes.
The listings I report are usually by sellers who generally sell authentic items, as far as I can tell, or at least, don't sell fakes in bulk. I don't think I ever reported more than one item listed by the same seller. And what I do is, I add the listings I report to my Watchlist and check them later. They expire and then get relisted. So eBay doesn't take them down.

There's no Hall of Shame for Proenza Schouler items since they're not as popular as they once were.

I do this maybe once a month. Today I only found two listings for fake PS bags, so I guess that's progress, in a way? There's usually anywhere from five to ten such listings.

Reactions: MoreRedWinePlease
This seller is selling fake VCA, beware especially at this price. I've reported the seller but I can see the items are still there: