Reporting Fakes on eBay: Three Ways

Good information, and I think I'll post this on our Vintage & Accessories board as we see so much new Chinese crap over there it would make you head swim.....Maybe not, purse get a lot of it to.

How does ebay determine whether to remove an item or not? I have reported a couple of bags as fake over time but none gets removed. Quite cheesed off to see the sellers still selling them.

Mods, feel free to move this to the correct place, maybe I should have put it in the main ebay forum???

From another board, I have to share this!!! I wish I could take credit, but alas, I never knew there was more than one way, and its great because way #3 allows you to put in your information as to why, etc...

I am really happy about this, I only ever did number 1! We can do all three for one item. Its not that time consuming, and YAY, for those heinous fakes it seems a good investment of a little time.

Scenario 1: Report as a counterfeit
Step 1: Select "Counterfeits and copyright violations"
Step 2: Select "Potential trademark infringement"
Step 3: Select "Counterfeit clothing..."
Click on "Continue"
When next page appears, click on "Email us"
When next page appears, click on "Send"
After email is sent, go back to the first reporting screen.

Scenario 2: Report as listing violation
Step 1: Select "Listing policy violations"
Step 2: Select "Misleading title"
Step 3: Select "Intentionally misleading or deceptive titles"
Click on "Continue"

Scenario 3: Report as fraud
Step 1: Select "Fraudulent listings"
Step 2: Select "You suspect that a listing is fraudulent but you didn't bid"
Step 3: This box contains a message telling you to click on "Continue".
Click on Continue
When the next page appears, click on "Email us".
When the next page appears, you will see a box with the item number already input and a box titled ""Enter your question/concern". Write your reasons for believing that the article is fraudulent. ... I include the facts and language stating that the article is a fake, the seller is a fraudster and that eBay is complicit by allowing the seller to continue to list items.

Hi, i recently bought a gucci bag, only to find out that it is a fake. i have file a dispute against her thru paypal. but she refuses to refund the amount. could u please advice on how i should go about getting my claim?

Thanks for the excellent step by step 'how to'. I have only gone so far as the first step - letting the seller know that I know it is a fake and that counterfeiting merchandise is a federal crime - then as soon as I am refunded I leave feedback stating that the item is fake and not to do business with them. I just did this last week - so now I am going to follow through on steps 2 & 3. Thanx again!

Mods, feel free to move this to the correct place, maybe I should have put it in the main ebay forum???

From another board, I have to share this!!! I wish I could take credit, but alas, I never knew there was more than one way, and its great because way #3 allows you to put in your information as to why, etc...

I am really happy about this, I only ever did number 1! We can do all three for one item. Its not that time consuming, and YAY, for those heinous fakes it seems a good investment of a little time.

Scenario 1: Report as a counterfeit
Step 1: Select "Counterfeits and copyright violations"
Step 2: Select "Potential trademark infringement"
Step 3: Select "Counterfeit clothing..."
Click on "Continue"

Scenario 2: Report as listing violation
Step 1: Select "Listing policy violations"
Step 2: Select "Misleading title"
Step 3: Select "Intentionally misleading or deceptive titles"
Click on "Continue"

Scenario 3: Report as fraud
Step 1: Select "Fraudulent listings"
Step 2: Select "You suspect that a listing is fraudulent but you didn't bid"
Step 3: This box contains a message telling you to click on "Continue".
Click on Continue
When the next page appears, click on "Email us".
When the next page appears, you will see a box with the item number already input and a box titled ""Enter your question/concern". Write your reasons for believing that the article is fraudulent. ... I include the facts and language stating that the article is a fake, the seller is a fraudster and that eBay is complicit by allowing the seller to continue to list items.

I have seen some handbags listed as (inspired) or simply defined by the fabric. I have bought vintage faux bags. Are any faux bags against eBay rules? I have sold there in the past and to my knowledge as long as you are not indicating the name, it is okay. I am a Gucci vintage fan and there is a ton of stuff that looks great but is faux-faux.

Check your listing again if it will come up. They may have a (sales final) caption. I would say after two months not so good. Did you contact paypal? Otherwise check ebay to see if you can report as not authentic. Some great things can have small defects that can be temp fixed and may be the reason they sold it.

Great info! I get upset seeing all the listings for fake bags because most of them are probably made by illegal child labor. It makes me sad, and it is also robbing the ateliers and designers that put so much of their soul and hard work into making the originals. I will definitely be reporting fakes when i learn how to tell them apart properly.

and also why does the italian ebay not have the "report item" button? I just feel sorry for people who are bidding on these fake handbags the value of which is no more than 20 euros (bad fakes!) and the auctions are already at very high prices!

WARNING

This thread is not to be used to report ebay auctions. There are appropriate threads for that and I will go through and delete such posts.

This thread is to give tips on HOW TO report auctions, that's it.