Reporting Fakes - is there any point?

Dolly - you are absolutely right. What is the point. I have reported many items that are obvious fakes but Ebay has done nothing about them. I don't bother anymore.

I think that why they haven't done anything is because they can't be sure of your statement.
Anyone could just email them and tell that, that account and that is selling fakes! And even if a group of people hate someone who sells stuff at ebay and they all report about him/her.. they (ebay) just can't be sure are they telling a lie or a truth.
It's sad but understandable (hope I wrote that word right)

But you can always tell here to the buyers so they can be aware of the possible fakes :smile:

I think that why they haven't done anything is because they can't be sure of your statement.
Anyone could just email them and tell that, that account and that is selling fakes! And even if a group of people hate someone who sells stuff at ebay and they all report about him/her.. they (ebay) just can't be sure are they telling a lie or a truth.
It's sad but understandable (hope I wrote that word right)

But you can always tell here to the buyers so they can be aware of the possible fakes :smile:

I understand the point you are trying to make. Ebay know full well that there a fakes a-plenty on their site, but if Ebay got rid of all the fake handbags up for auction they would loose so much money because there more fakes then authentic bags on Ebay.
Plus, Ebay have their own 'How to spot a fake handbag' information, so all they need to do it refer to their own text if they are unsure about the authenticity of the bag that has been reported.
Take the chloe paddy for example...there are some blatantly obvious ones on there that I have reported in the past but they do nothing about them. I think its because the fake sellers actually sell more so Ebay make a good profit from the fees they charge:cursing:
What a sham!

ebay is not very good with designer bags, i have had authentic item listings removed they dont seem to know the difference!
if you keep on reporting the listings they do eventually get removed, the seller may then go on to relist it but when a seller has a item removed they get a warning, if they continue to relist and items keep getting removed they will end up with their ebay account being suspended!
mulberry is a very hard brand to authenticate which makes it harder! the fakes are soo good now i dont think even mulberry themselves can tell the differnce!

Well one of the items sold as a BIN, but, of course, if the buyer doesn't realise it's fake they won't leave bad f/b. I suppose the only other thing to do, as Alison said, is report everything we think is a fake to Mulberry. I used to report fake Radleys to Radley in the past and they took it up with eBay. I wouldn't mind but when you list a Mulberry they even go to the trouble of asking you to confirm it's a genuine item!
What about this VeRo thing they keep going on about?

The problem with ebay is that they don't have people from the design houses helping them with authentication as Vero members.

I've always been suprised that there is not a dedicated Vuitton expert for example who looks at the auctions and removes anything fake. They will, eventually, remove items that say things like "cannot prove its authenticity" etc but these are often removed after the auctions have finished.

I know that there is a lady in the US who is a Chanel expert and she is a Vero member and removes any suspect Chanel auctions but for other designers I think that ebay has to guess basically. If a seller is selling a fake but doesn't mention anything about authenticity and says it has a serial number etc then it will not be removed because ebay cannot prove that it is a fake.