Report This LV

Sorry but don't see what the need was to report them..don't think anyone with a brain will fall for it since it's obviously a fake on the basis of the price tag alone...also didn't think people actually searched for authentics on amazon (it's not ebay)...and this isn't really news...not sure how familiar you are with amazon but third party sellers have been selling knockoffs in almost every category for the longest time so most likely they won't be doing anything about this. However you can just leave them a review with a warning to potential buyers to not purchase

Reactions: Sanzy
Title is misleading. Amazon the company isn't selling these fakes, any more than "eBay" is selling fakes. It's a platform with 3rd-party sellers, in this case the one you mention who is at legal fault for selling fakes.

Amazon are still earning from any sales. Stores that sell fakes from concessions inside are still liable ergo Amazon is selling fakes if they let this scammer carry on knowigly

Amazon are still earning from any sales. Stores that sell fakes from concessions inside are still liable ergo Amazon is selling fakes if they let this scammer carry on knowigly

Amazon explicitly disclaims both knowledge of and liability for 3rd party sales.

From their Conditions of Use:
"OTHER BUSINESSES
[snip] If you purchase any of the products or services offered by these businesses or individuals, you are purchasing directly from those third parties, not from Amazon. We are not responsible for examining or evaluating, and we do not warrant, the offerings of any of these businesses or individuals (including the content of their Web sites). Amazon does not assume any responsibility or liability for the actions, product, and content of all these and any other third parties. You should carefully review their privacy statements and other conditions of use. "

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/cust...=UTF8&nodeId=201909000&qid=1548251490&sr=2-18

Last edited:
Did they scam you?
No, I wasn't scammed, but just the fact that fakes exist blatantly like this really bothers me. I will admit that part of it is vanity; when fakes are so readily accessible, I'm worried that when I carry my authentic, people will assume it's a replica. Also, I'm aware that sketchy asian sites like aliexpress and dhgate will have fakes, but for some reason the idea of a company like amazon hosting them disgusts me in a way I can't explain

Reactions: proximavezkhy
I hope this won't hold up to the full extent the way it's worded, if not I will consider moving somewhere in the middle of nowhere selling all kinds of drugs thorugh amazon.

Selling illegal goods is against Amzon policy, but as with several other huge internet platforms (facebook, instagram, twitter etc.) Ämazon obvisouly either isn't equipped to handle customer complaints and related issues like these or simply doesn't care and let it slide until facing real consequences. Other than the potential problems involved with fake bags, health issues caused by using or ingesting potentially toxic (fake or not) items because of lack of oversight and control is a real issue. I would hope that courts would be reasonable enough to hold these companies (wish, amazon, ebay, shein etc) liable especially when the seller is located outside of the reach of the court.

Last edited:
I would hope that courts would be reasonable enough to hold these companies (wish, amazon, ebay, shein etc) liable especially when the seller is located outside of the reach of the court.

I agree. Wonder how many suits of this sort have been attempted.

My point was that the title is misleading, for obvious reasons. Amazon should be held liable, but it's not them as corporate entity but rather the individual sellers who are deliberately and knowingly attempting to conduct illegal business and fraud.

I know an actual Amazon seller and as a seller, they can lose their contract with Amazon if they are knowingly selling fakes. Amazon will periodically ask for proof of purchase on the seller’s part, especially when they are first starting out. Don’t worrry OP, it will eventually catch up with them. I just don’t understand who in their right mind would think a $109 Pochette Métis is authentic....

I am not sure that Amazon's disclaimer would hold up since they are allowing the promotion of illegal activity. However, I also do not think that Amazon will do anything unless Louis Vuitton gets directly involved. Since Amazon is so well-known and huge, Louis Vuitton may take action if this is reported to them. I find it hard to believe that they are not already aware, though. Here's what LV says on their website, and if you want to feel that you are doing something, you may want to report directly to them. You may never know what they do. I do notice that the seller is using pictures directly from the LV website. Fakes are so prevalent, and the counterfeiters are so hard to catch, it will always be an ongoing battle. People who want authentic merchandise will have to do their due diligence, but the people who do not mind buying a fake will keep these criminals in business.

https://us.louisvuitton.com/eng-us/louis-vuitton-replica

There are so many 3rd party sellers on Amazon selling fakes. From clothing, shoes, accessories, jewelry...and more. I do believe Amazon can be more productive in stopping this. Maybe know how to write legal papers to protect and get away with it. People will buy fakes, so money can be made.

For instance type in Hermes and the first page will be full of fakes of every kind. I would think a computer program can pull designer names and employees can easily see these are fakes in seconds. I have shopped at Amazon for a few things such was kitchen items and got some decent buys. But I would be very hesitant to buy any designer item, beauty items or drug store items. I don’t really even look at Amazon for my shopping needs.

In my personal opinion I feel Amazon has grown to take over retail that the actual products they are selling don’t seem to have any checks and balances.

I am not sure that Amazon's disclaimer would hold up since they are allowing the promotion of illegal activity. However, I also do not think that Amazon will do anything unless Louis Vuitton gets directly involved. Since Amazon is so well-known and huge, Louis Vuitton may take action if this is reported to them. I find it hard to believe that they are not already aware, though. Here's what LV says on their website, and if you want to feel that you are doing something, you may want to report directly to them. You may never know what they do. I do notice that the seller is using pictures directly from the LV website. Fakes are so prevalent, and the counterfeiters are so hard to catch, it will always be an ongoing battle. People who want authentic merchandise will have to do their due diligence, but the people who do not mind buying a fake will keep these criminals in business.

https://us.louisvuitton.com/eng-us/louis-vuitton-replica

Amazon (and Ebay) hides behind the 'third party' clause. Though Amazon has not been held accountable as yet lawsuits have been processed. This clause is being used against the spirit of the law for which it was intended. A fake bag may not (directly) kill someone but how long before a replica electric razor or fridge does?

As the OP demonstrates, it's the Amazon brand that buyers trust in and buy because of. Counterfeiters and/or the sellers of are those goods are exploiting by their buyers by using the site. LV doesn't want to come up against another giant (designer brands go after small fish) but one day it may have to.

Fakes exist. You may not like it. You may think it cheapens the brand or the experience you feel when carrying your bags. Yes, its annoying but they will always exist. If this person doesn't sell it through Amazon they will sell it elsewhere.

Yes but amazon is arguably one, if not the largest, online retailer in the world. I for one would feel more comfortable buying an item off amazon vs some cheap, shady website.

I agree with OP on the bs of this.