Report on Lipstick Antique Leather.

May 7, 2007
I just thought that I would let fellow Lipstick Antique Leather owners know that I used my Roxy A4 Tote today and whilst on my way back to the car it started raining - I got a few rain spots on one of the front pockets but as soon as I got home the spots had disappeared (and I have not sprayed my bag).

I'm not sure how it would have coped if it had been a hard rain storm but a little light rain seemed fine.

I got caught in a torrential downpour with my Sand antiqued Mabel & the colour literally went very dark .. but by the time I got home she was back to her normal self again! Def a good bag for a wet weather day! :biggrin:

Jacob is made of the same leather only in grey and it was raininghere today hard as i ran from the house to the car and there were loads of spots on him and they diried off to nothing what so ever. please Mulberry make more bags is this super leather .

I've sprayed both my antiqued leather mabels and they took to the spray very well and have been showered on and are fine.

How about creasing Ali, has it started to wrinkle or crease at all?

The aqua Mabel I had weathered in beautifully. Antiqued leather is great, I ended up keeping my ocean blue A4 tote and have used it when the weather has looked dodgy as it copes with the rain with no problems.

OD - I'll try and remember to take some photos when it gets a bit more used.

SJ - I'm glad you've kept the Ocean A4, its such a lovely size bag and the colour looks so good on you.

I'm taking it to France as it's a colour that needs bright blue skies and sun to look its best. Not much chance of that here, was lashing down again this morning although I did manage to get the roof down this afternoon.
I'm just relieved I didn't buy a white bag, don't think it would have had any use this summer!

Ali, I never sprayed my pebble Mabel and it was fine in the rain, any water spots just dried and disappeared.

Glad you're loving your lipstick tote, it's a gorgeous colour!

Mines gone wrinkled at the top, where the strap goes over and fastens. Its fine though - just charateristic of this leather. Sprayed mine but no need really, did it to stop colour transfer really rather than rain spots.