Replicating a Tiffany style

Louish

Dec 28, 2014
What's everyone's thoughts on getting a dbty style necklace? I have a 0.15ct round diamond I think would look lovely in this setting. I'd be working with my favourite jeweller to custom make the necklace for me. I like the idea of using this diamond because it is from a pendant my husband gave to me on our 3rd dating anniversary which I just don't wear anymore.

For those of you that have a non-T&co jewellery based on T&co designs - does it still feel special? Why did you chose to go down that route?

I had my DBTY type necklace made by Brian Gavin Diamonds. I picked out the stone from their inventory along with the setting. It was more bang for the buck over the Tiffany version and was able to get 18k white gold (as opposed to sterling silver or platinum in the white metals from Tiffany). No regrets - it's a beautiful piece.

I have a half a carat diamond put into a DBTY style setting and it is beautiful but I hardly wear it after I started getting my first DBTY. 6 DBTYs later, I plan to add more to by DBTY collection. I personally juts love the bezels on DBTY. I may reset my half a carat into a diamond stud done the road.

I have a half a carat diamond put into a DBTY style setting and it is beautiful but I hardly wear it after I started getting my first DBTY. 6 DBTYs later, I plan to add more to by DBTY collection. I personally juts love the bezels on DBTY. I may reset my half a carat into a diamond stud done the road.

Why don't you wear the .50ct dbty pendant anymore with your T&co dbty?

I have a dbty style necklace made by an awesome jeweler here. My diamond is 0.33ct and sparkles . I'm thrilled with the result and wear it everyday/night I don't take it off. It was my dh's gift to me for our 20th anniversary.

I went to Brian Gavin for a pair of DBTY style bezel set studs, and in terms of value for money, I have no complaints. I was able to choose the diamonds (approx 0.6 tcw with overkill specs, in hindsight), setting plus metal (platinum). Having looked at Tiffany's prices, I'd estimate that a pair from them would be at least 3x the price.

My only minor issue is that BG doesn't seem to pay as much attention to detail as Tiffany; the bezels aren't perfectly smooth and if I run my fingernail around it, it catches in certain areas, and there are a few tiny black spots that can probably be polished out. Overall though, I'm very happy with my earrings as they're super sparkly and perfect for everyday!

I had three diamonds set into stationary 3 prong martini pendants by Brian Gavin. Originally, the largest of the three, a 1ct was set in a bezel.
To be honest, I don't think there's any bezel that comes close to a DBTY from Tiffany's. They have perfected it. Every time I see one in person, I sigh..

If they didn't irritate my skin so much, I'd own at least two by now. But every time I try one on, I can feel the culet and it always leaves a red mark on my skin- not attractive.
I know now that I wouldn't ever try to replicate the original again, I wasn't happy. But that doesn't mean that my martini set pendants are any less beautiful. In fact, they're gorgeous. But for a perfect DBTY, go with Tiffs.

Reactions: Violet Bleu
I have Tiffany's dbty and I hardly ever take it off. Money well spent :biggrin:

I know someone who has something similar to Tiffany's dbty and to be honest...it doesn't even close.

I have one from blue Nile that I never wear. Yes I got a much larger diamond, "bang for buck" or was it... I never wear it, so it's not worth my dollars! Money not well spent. Yes I could pick a larger diamond but the bezel was poorly made, the chain looks thick and chunky.. urgh..

If the Tiffany one caught your eye, get it. They've perfected it, nothing else comes close. Dbty style works best with smaller diamonds anyway, don't go down the same route as me and fill with regrets.. bigger is not always better!

I have one from blue Nile that I never wear. Yes I got a much larger diamond, "bang for buck" or was it... I never wear it, so it's not worth my dollars! Money not well spent. Yes I could pick a larger diamond but the bezel was poorly made, the chain looks thick and chunky.. urgh..

If the Tiffany one caught your eye, get it. They've perfected it, nothing else comes close. Dbty style works best with smaller diamonds anyway, don't go down the same route as me and fill with regrets.. bigger is not always better!
Have it reset. That's what I did and I now wear mine.

That's really sad! Yes definitely see if you can reset it. That's what I'm doing with my current pendant which I never wear