Replica / Fake BBags spotted at Boutique. What should I do?

zacorey said:
I had seen a fake Bbag in a consignment store a couple of weeks ago. It was a fake Balenciaga first with silver hardware. It was displayed behind the counter with other designer bags surrounding it. I looked at it and it had completely square bales and the leather felt gross and super stiff!

I told the manager, " I'm not trying to be rude but this bag is a fake." She was so defensive- very nice but insistant that it was real. She said the lady who brought in the bag gives the store many bags to sell. She is a very wealthy woman, she travels all over, etc. and there is no way it is fake. I was like,"okay- but I'm sure this is fake"...and I explained to her why.

What could I do? She would not believe me and how could I prove it?

It was funny b/c the bag had the Balenciaga card with the black thread and pin and it had the other card that says 123456789- but it did not have the other card- don't know what these are called.

Hey Zacorey,
At least you said something! You did everything you could do. As we know, all the cards and tags in the world will not make a fake bag real. Maybe the owner will think about it, and ultimately pull the bag. Did you tell her about LP's website? Then she can check for herself!
:flowers:

No- I didn't tell her to check out LP's website. When I go back I will! I don't have a problem telling a store that a bag is fake at all - although I feel bad doing it! I just hate to see someone pay hundreds of hard earned dollars for a fake plastic bag!!!

It was just so frustrating that she would not believe a word of what I was saying. She just was insistant that the woman who brought the Bbag to be sold there was very wealthy and would never have a fake bag! OH WELL!