Replacing Vachetta - $peedy 25

Kylie M

Apr 9, 2015
Australia
My first LV bag was my Speedy 25 and I'm thinking about getting a replacement. However, I prefer the feel of my canvas over the new canvas. So, I'm considering getting all my vachetta replaced.... IS THAT POSSIBLE TO DO AND AT WHAT COST $$$$

Please advise.... xx

Miss Krys

Jun 14, 2014
Edmonton, Canada
My first LV bag was my Speedy 25 and I'm thinking about getting a replacement. However, I prefer the feel of my canvas over the new canvas. So, I'm considering getting all my vachetta replaced.... IS THAT POSSIBLE TO DO AND AT WHAT COST $$$$

Please advise.... xx
It's very doable so long as the canvas is free of cracks and holes, but the cost will vary depending on the country you live in. It wouldn't surprise me that, to have all of the leather replaced, it would run about 50-70% the cost of a new bag because of the amount of work involved.

Kylie M

Apr 9, 2015
Australia
It's very doable so long as the canvas is free of cracks and holes, but the cost will vary depending on the country you live in. It wouldn't surprise me that, to have all of the leather replaced, it would run about 50-70% the cost of a new bag because of the amount of work involved.

Thank you for your reply, I'll visit my store and get a quote. Xxx

Miss Krys

Jun 14, 2014
Edmonton, Canada
Thank you for your reply, I'll visit my store and get a quote. Xxx
That would be the best way to get the most accurate estimate. Even just replacing the handles and zipper pull can breathe new life into a bag, not to mention it would be friendlier on the wallet since the craftsman wouldn't have to literally dismantle and then rebuild the entire Speedy.

ChristenaP

Nov 25, 2012
i'm also interested in having this done to a speedy. i heard LV inspects the canvas for damage before deciding to proceed with replacing the leather. how may i find out what they are looking for so i know what to avoid when buying a vintage bag? there's a bag from 1995 i'm thinking of buying just for this project, but there's a spot on the canvas in a corner where it's rubbed off. it's not a hole, so would LV replace the leather or reject it?