Votes: 47 85.5%
  • No:

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Maybe/ Other:

Votes: 3 5.5%

• Total voters

SakuraSakura

Aug 24, 2015
I was very lucky and snagged this monogram neverfull mm for $100 from a pawn-shop. The vachetta is dry, dark and in certain places cracked. I’m considering getting the vachetta replaced but I do like the well-loved look on it. I also know that to replace the vachetta would be incredibly pricy and it’d take a while. I also want to mention this would be an everyday, any weather type of tote. Note that it is missing the slider portions but I make-shifted them using pieces of vachetta. The canvas is also free of cracking.
If I don’t get the vachetta replaced, can anybody recommend some products and tricks to help this vachetta out? Any opinions would be fantastic, thanks!

( Sorry about the unorganized paragraph structure guys!)

Attachments

• 991CB527-E498-434F-AF45-588DEDB082CE.jpeg
    991CB527-E498-434F-AF45-588DEDB082CE.jpeg
    392.9 KB · Views: 271
  • A2D190E2-CC42-4589-84A0-78A3D4775B6D.jpeg
    A2D190E2-CC42-4589-84A0-78A3D4775B6D.jpeg
    172.4 KB · Views: 268
  • B8CC9286-FCDA-4231-AFC0-216C1C33F144.jpeg
    B8CC9286-FCDA-4231-AFC0-216C1C33F144.jpeg
    422.8 KB · Views: 276
  • DE2DF89B-2707-43CB-84F9-242FAC9D0C1F.jpeg
    DE2DF89B-2707-43CB-84F9-242FAC9D0C1F.jpeg
    200.9 KB · Views: 277
  • 1F823F43-6E1F-4D08-93B7-3E0ED4ED8D7A.jpeg
    1F823F43-6E1F-4D08-93B7-3E0ED4ED8D7A.jpeg
    250.7 KB · Views: 276
Reactions: Prettyinblush
Honestly you did great! I don't think its that bad. Great find!

thank you, loveisworthit! I was so shocked that it was unceremoniously hanging on a rack. I asked the sales person what the price was. I couldn’t believe they only wanted $100 even with the wear. It’s also nice to be supporting local business. The store is run by several older men. What’s even more shocking is that somebody gave it up for such a low price!

thank you, loveisworthit! I was so shocked that it was unceremoniously hanging on a rack. I asked the sales person what the price was. I couldn’t believe they only wanted $100 even with the wear. It’s also nice to be supporting local business. The store is run by several older men. What’s even more shocking is that somebody gave it up for such a low price!
Or the pawned it and werent able to get it back and clearly the shop owner knew what they had but didn't want to sit on it? Either way you win in this situation definitely! It's a beauty :smile:

Reactions: SakuraSakura
The Neverfull vachetta replacements are not as expensive as the speedy for example. I think you will be looking between 300-400 usd for a replacement of the outside. I know that the top trim of the Neverfull is around 60 and the handles are also around 60 each. I think its completely worth it as it will look like a brand new bag. The canvas looks to be in great condition with minimal print wear, probably because it was made with the thicker canvas as it looks to be the old interior. Great find :heart:

Last edited:
The Neverfull vachetta replacements are not as expensive as the speedy for example. I think you will be looking between 300-400 usd for a replacement of the outside. I know that the top trim of the Neverfull is around 60 and the handles are also around 60 each. I think its completely worth it as it will look like a brand new bag. The canvas looks to be in great condition with minimal print wear, probably because it was made with the thicker canvas as it looks to be the old interior. Great find :heart:

Thank you! You’re right - it was made in November 2008! The canvas is in phenomenal condition which is why I’m considering this possibility. The interior is stained but with some elbow grease it’s starting to look way better from when I purchased it. I remember bringing my Speedy 25 in for vachetta repair and it was going to be $800. It’s good to know that the Neverfull will most likely be cheaper than that. With a bit of saving up I can definitely afford the vachetta replacement but my concern is obsessing over the vachetta. I bought a monogram pochette for $29.99 from Value Village, the patina is spotless which has led me to reaching for it less because I don’t want to mess it up.

Reactions: Prettyinblush
I love your story and I love your luck!! I think that getting it all replaced will allow you to have the bag pretty much forever, since you'll take care of it I'm sure.

I think where my luck shines is how the canvas is in spectacular condition. No cracks or abrasions. There's a few minor rubbed edges along the corners but that's to be expected. I also know that this isn't a time-sensitive decision and that if I extend its lifetime by taking care of it then I can really have it forever! The aesthetic of dark vachetta doesn't bother me as I think the neverfull looks prettier that way.

Reactions: waterina and ggirl
Thank you! You’re right - it was made in November 2008! The canvas is in phenomenal condition which is why I’m considering this possibility. The interior is stained but with some elbow grease it’s starting to look way better from when I purchased it. I remember bringing my Speedy 25 in for vachetta repair and it was going to be $800. It’s good to know that the Neverfull will most likely be cheaper than that. With a bit of saving up I can definitely afford the vachetta replacement but my concern is obsessing over the vachetta. I bought a monogram pochette for $29.99 from Value Village, the patina is spotless which has led me to reaching for it less because I don’t want to mess it up.

If you’re worried about new vachetta there are ways to protect it. Tons of YouTube videos out there.
( Personally I’ve always used Apple guard. )
It’s a great find and I don’t think it looks bad at all !!

A minor update:

I have contacted Louis Vuitton about scheduling an appointment for a quote on the trim, handles and side laces. I have worn the bag several times. I find that the lack of side laces to be alright. I could honestly live without them. There is also a minor repair that needs to happen for the inner closure (needs to be re-stitched.) That'll definitely get done but I'm unsure where I'd take it. Again, thank you everybody for the feedback!