Replacing vachetta on Keepall and Pegase

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I have a keepall 45 and pegase 60 that I always use for traveling.... Both already turned into a honey color and I have been using both of them for over a year. Has any of you experienced replacing the vachetta on keepall or pegase. If so how much was it? thank you:smile::smile::smile:

2. no one? common i can't be the only one using a keep all.. lolz

3. ^^ My mono keepall can also use a vachetta replacement. Have not really get to it since I bought ebene keepall. Hopefully it won't cost much. :sad:

4. There was a post of someone who replaced the vachetta on her alma and the results were amazing......

5. I took my Keepall 45 (bought in 1996) to LV two weeks ago to have the handles replaced. I believe the SA said it was $145. The canvas is so thick and sturdy compared to newer bags I felt it was worth the price to replace the handles instead of getting a new bag with thinner flimsy canvas. I only use this bag for travel so I want it too last for another 20 years or so!

6. oh cool! thats a good price. Are u just replacing the handles or even the vachetta around the bag? thanks

7. really? that sounds awesome! do you have the link for it? I wanna see the result.. I'm so excited... I love the monogram best and i don't wanna buy a dammer or makasar just because of the vachetta.:smile:

8. This is a great idea! My bag could probably use a spa treatment too. Does it take a long time for them to return your bag?

9. they said 6 weeks... but thats not too long for me.. worth the wait....:P

10. Will they replace the leather around the bag too??

11. I could not find the Alma but here is a link of someone who re-did their petit noe..It looks amazing as well....
    http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vuitton-faqs/serious-repair-job-494952-3.html

12. That costs more. But technically speaking they can replace all leather.

I also read that LV has a professional cleaning service for leather. Is this true?

13. I know this is an old thread, but in case anyone is wondering.... I just received a quote to replace all vachetta on my 20 year old keepall 45 and it is in the $750-$800 range w/ a turnaround of 4-6 weeks.

14. Changing all the leather on the bag will be much more expensive than $145 for the handles.
    When changing the handles, the atelier doesn't need to take the bag apart and reconstruct it.