Replacing vachetta on Keepall and Pegase

vsmarielle

Mar 26, 2011
I have a keepall 45 and pegase 60 that I always use for traveling.... Both already turned into a honey color and I have been using both of them for over a year. Has any of you experienced replacing the vachetta on keepall or pegase. If so how much was it? thank you:smile::smile::smile:

I took my Keepall 45 (bought in 1996) to LV two weeks ago to have the handles replaced. I believe the SA said it was $145. The canvas is so thick and sturdy compared to newer bags I felt it was worth the price to replace the handles instead of getting a new bag with thinner flimsy canvas. I only use this bag for travel so I want it too last for another 20 years or so!

I took my Keepall 45 (bought in 1996) to LV two weeks ago to have the handles replaced. I believe the SA said it was $145. The canvas is so thick and sturdy compared to newer bags I felt it was worth the price to replace the handles instead of getting a new bag with thinner flimsy canvas. I only use this bag for travel so I want it too last for another 20 years or so!

oh cool! thats a good price. Are u just replacing the handles or even the vachetta around the bag? thanks

vsmarielle said:
oh cool! thats a good price. Are u just replacing the handles or even the vachetta around the bag? thanks

This is a great idea! My bag could probably use a spa treatment too. Does it take a long time for them to return your bag?

I know this is an old thread, but in case anyone is wondering.... I just received a quote to replace all vachetta on my 20 year old keepall 45 and it is in the $750-$800 range w/ a turnaround of 4-6 weeks.

Changing all the leather on the bag will be much more expensive than $145 for the handles.
When changing the handles, the atelier doesn't need to take the bag apart and reconstruct it.