Replacing pull tab on speedy

flungflung83

Feb 6, 2007
Has anyone ever sent their speedy in to just replace the pull tab? I want to know an estimated cost if possible. My puppy chewed through it and I'm really sad about it. I should have known better than to leave it on the floor. :Push: It actually looks a lot worse in person. The picture was taken with my phone.

I was planning on selling it, but with the tab looking the way it does I don't think it's in good condition to even sell. If the cost are low I would replace the tab first. Any input would be greatly appreciated. :heart:

Attachments

• lv.jpg
    lv.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 3,751
Don't quote me on this but LV might not replace just the pull tab. I think the pull tab is charged as a package with piping replacement. The handles are a different story. GoodLVck and I hope for your sake that I'm wrong with this information.

I called a few months ago to see how much it would cost to get all new vachetta put on a Sac Plat that I was contemplating buying on ebay. It really wasn't too expensive... I think to get the d-ring leather replaced was only $35.00, I couldn't see the pull being any more! 866-Vuitton call them!

Has anyone ever sent their speedy in to just replace the pull tab? I want to know an estimated cost if possible. My puppy chewed through it and I'm really sad about it. I should have known better than to leave it on the floor. :Push: It actually looks a lot worse in person. The picture was taken with my phone.

I was planning on selling it, but with the tab looking the way it does I don't think it's in good condition to even sell. If the cost are low I would replace the tab first. Any input would be greatly appreciated. :heart:

I have taken a Vintage speedy 30 to my local LV boutique. Someone had left the lock on the leather of the zipper pull and it was seriously stretched out. Anyway...they replaced the entire zipper pull, no charge! I was told by the SA that for any work they can do at the store itself, limited but still, there was no charge. Louis Vuitton customer service is FANTASTIC!

I just took in my Speedy 30 to have the leather pull tab replaced. (I don't remember how it came off). They replaced just the leather tab for free, but attached it to a new sliding part for the zipper. Well, when I got home and pulled on the leather pull tab to close the bag, the zipper split open. I immediately called the store and was told to bring it back in. I did that, and they told me the entire zipper would have to be replaced and there was a $56.00 charge. I was upset because in my opinion, they created the problem by attaching a new slide. I then get a call telling me they can't replace the zipper because there are minor cracks in the leather where the stitching for the zipper goes. I called to complain to see if they would make some sort of concession or allowance toward a new purse, and they said no. The zipper worked when it went in, and they broke it trying to add a slide, but they won't do anything about it. :tdown: