Replacing heel tips DIY

babeexphat

O.G.
Feb 10, 2011
Hey everyone!
I was just wondering if any if you guys replace the heel tips yourselves,

I go to te cobbler to get it done but it's getting to be expensive!!

For those ladies that do replacements yourselves, where do you buy the metal tips??

I bought mine off of eBay but I think the metal dowel diameter is too large. It won't go in no matter how much I hammer it in!

Any guidance and tips would be helpful, thanks!

Hi, I do replace mine! On wich pair you're trying to change them? In some pairs as the zipito, big lips, fastissima and all the metal heels pairs the heel tips have a different diameter (2.9mm instead of 3.2mm if I'm not wrong, I will check tomorrow morning with a caliber and let you know), also the Lisse and Ronfifi are the same from my experience.. Don't force them, you don't want the heel tip to get broken inside the soul of your heel! I've found them online some months ago online after a long research, don't remember the name of the website but I'll try to find it again for you if you want :smile: I just remember that they had shipped from UK :P

(I've just changed a pair on my new Ronfifi and discovered that they had the smaller ones by the way! ghgh it was challenging)

Sorry for mistakes!

Hi, I do replace mine! On wich pair you're trying to change them? In some pairs as the zipito, big lips, fastissima and all the metal heels pairs the heel tips have a different diameter (2.9mm instead of 3.2mm if I'm not wrong, I will check tomorrow morning with a caliber and let you know), also the Lisse and Ronfifi are the same from my experience.. Don't force them, you don't want the heel tip to get broken inside the soul of your heel! I've found them online some months ago online after a long research, don't remember the name of the website but I'll try to find it again for you if you want :smile: I just remember that they had shipped from UK :P

(I've just changed a pair on my new Ronfifi and discovered that they had the smaller ones by the way! ghgh it was challenging)

Sorry for mistakes!

Oh that makes sense!! I am trying to replace the ronrons and yoyos and they are not going in!! So frustrating, let me know what diameter!

Yes i was right, they're 2.9, but instead of 3.1 not 3.2.. (also 2.4 exist)

I don't own the Ron Ron but looking at the thickness of the heel they should be 3.1,
Try to gently take them out and be sure that they haven't been bent hammering.. Also the length of the metal part is equal to the ones that were there before?

Oh they are all different??
Yes I took out the old heel tips and they were very short! As if someone cut it before putting it in,

I will try 2.9 and 2.4 diameter and see which one fits :smile:

There a couple of styles that have smaller tips, I was asking because when I bought the 2.9 they were longer than the ones I was used to! If you have the impression that someone cut them I hope that they haven't been broken when you took them out.. Can you post a picture?

I was worried about it being broken too, but i dont think it's the case! I will post a picture when I get to them tomorrow. In the mean time, I will order the other diameters and try them :smile:

What tools do you use to remove the worn down, old tips? Can you just use regular pliers or would you need something particular?

I'd love to see photos of the step-by-step start to finish process of this DIY!

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1382538225.987267.jpg
The two metal is what I got from my yoyos. They look broken but I think someone actually cut it before putting the tips in.

The one on the top is what I bought, it doesn't fit!

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1382538269.434725.jpg

Another picture showing the diameter...
This time the tips from yoyo is on top. The new ones I bought are the ones at the bottom.

These are pictures of my ronrons and yoyos after taking off the old heel tips
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1382538317.935023.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1382538334.283888.jpg

Hummm well it's hard to say without a caliber but they seems to be 3.1, yes it seems that they've been cutted.. I wonder why 😐 have you tried to put a needle inside the soul to look how much it goes inside and if there is something? I hope that the smaller ones will work!

Where did you order from? I bought new tips for my Simple 100 and they were too thick and too long?

Considering buying a pair of used Proratas and that heel looks even slimmer than the Simple... Where can I get extra small heel tips??

Is this the place you ordered from? http://www.stiletto-heel-tips.co.uk/index.htm

Sorry for mistakes!

It works now. :smile: I ordered a couple to have spares. Got the 2.9 and 2.4 in 8 mm and 9.5 mm.

But I emailed a shop on Wednesday asking if they sell spare tips, and the super nice saleswoman gave me a pair for free! Yey!! Talk about good service! The tips went in really easy, wasn't difficult at all when I had the right kind. My shoes are now as good as new. :smile:

It works now. :smile: I ordered a couple to have spares. Got the 2.9 and 2.4 in 8 mm and 9.5 mm.

But I emailed a shop on Wednesday asking if they sell spare tips, and the super nice saleswoman gave me a pair for free! Yey!! Talk about good service! The tips went in really easy, wasn't difficult at all when I had the right kind. My shoes are now as good as new. :smile:

Oh wow that's a good news because I needed some 2.4!! Thank you for letting me know :P

Yeyyyyy super happy for you it's nice when people act nice :biggrin: and I'm glad everything worked well!:flowers: