Replacing Coach Fob on Discontinued Bag

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Does anyone know if it's possible to get a replacement hang tag (fob) on a discontinued bag? Does it matter if I was not the original buyer or person to register the bag..... i.e. purchasing a used bag off of Ebay??

I am looking at an xl Coach Lily (kick myself for not getting the last black one on ebay that HAD the fob....I was just a little gun shy about spending so much money on one bag....it took me a week or so to get use to the idea, now that I've worked up the courage the only bag I can find is one that has a missing fob).

Would this be hard to get replaced?

I have been trying sooo hard to find the perfect fall bag, when what I really really want is the xl Coach Lily. I'm going for it if I can find one :wlae:

2. I read on here from another poster if you call Coach they send a metal hang tag as your replacement. I would not suggest saying where you got it, just make the request! ")

3. they might be able to do it if they have the color in stock, just b/c the stope making the bag, doesnt mean they used up all the hangtags

4. You will probably get a metal one.

5. I lost a hang tag on one of my bags. On the advice of this forum I emailed coach.com (customer service) and told them this. I also gave them the style number and colour of my bag. I got an instant response (literally in a couple of minutes) asking whether the tag was gold or silver and within a couple of weeks got a free replacement tag in the mail. It is not quite the same as the one I lost, but pretty close and I thought it was great customer service.

6. If you get the bag, carry it into the outlet store, the one I went to in Birch Run MI was kind enough to hook me up w/ exactly what I needed, which was a metal one, but before they did they asked me if it was leather because they had matching leather for my bag too. I would not be surprised if other outlet stores have little stashes of them too :smile:

7. Wow, I had no idea even the hang tags were guaranteed...though it makes sense because a Coach just isn't the same without one :nogood:.

8. I bought an older scribble hobo on ebay last year (pastels) and it was missing the hang tags when I got it (hang tags were in the ebay picture but that's a whole nother post...) I called for a new hang tag and was surprised that they sent me the matching double green one. I know it's silly but I was very happy it was the right one. If it's a newer bag you may get lucky with an exact match.