Replacing a wallet after theft?

Mar 17, 2013
If you've ever had your wallet stolen, have you tried to find the exact same wallet to replace it or do you want somethng totally new to avoid the bad memories? My wallet was stolen yesterday, first time it has ever happened to me, and I am feeling very upset and confused about replacing it. Would really welcome your thoughts. TIA.

If you've ever had your wallet stolen, have you tried to find the exact same wallet to replace it or do you want somethng totally new to avoid the bad memories? My wallet was stolen yesterday, first time it has ever happened to me, and I am feeling very upset and confused about replacing it. Would really welcome your thoughts. TIA.

I have no advice but I am so sorry for this it is such a violation! I think you will know when you look at the identical wallet if there are bad associations. GL with your search.

I am so sorry. It's an awful feeling to have someone steal from you. I had my bag & wallet stolen about 6 years ago. The bag was worthless but the wallet was actually nice and had been a gift from my father. I bought something completely different to replace it. I didn't want to be reminded of the loss, I just wanted to see new, happy things. Good luck.

Last edited:
So sorry you just went through that, I can relate & it's horrible!

If I loved the wallet I would totally replace it with the same specially if I had good experiences & memories with it, but I would probably get it in a different color :smile: GL

I had my wallet stolen many years ago. It was especially upsetting to me because I had received the wallet as a gift. I actually did go buy the exact same wallet to replace it. For some reason, having a different wallet would have made me feel worse.

I would choose something different. I'm superstitious so think it would be bad luck and remind me of the original theft. The only exception is if it was originally given to me by a very close loved one.

I had my wallet stolen many years ago. It was especially upsetting to me because I had received the wallet as a gift. I actually did go buy the exact same wallet to replace it. For some reason, having a different wallet would have made me feel worse.

Same here. I had my LV wallet stolen a long time ago. I bought the same one.
It ´s the only wallet I have.

So sorry for you. It is such a terrible feeling! I haven't had my wallet stolen, but 2 years ago my Diamond fell out of my Engagement Ring. On the icerink so of course I never got. it back. My husband got me a different diamond for my birthday (Same ring) and now I think of both diamonds everytime I look at the ring and of how much he cares. So maybe the same wallet in a different color really would work.

Sorry this happened to you. I think it's a matter of personal choice and availability. If you simply love the wallet, its functionality, and won't be upset when you use it, get the same one. If it will bring back bad memories, are superstitious, or simply want a new one, get a new one.

I lost one in a store that was never returned (not the same thing as you) and miss it, but realize I have plenty of others to take it's place since it's no longer available.

Buy what you know you'll love.

Thank you all so much. I'm still trying to decide what to do about a wallet. I did get lucky and was able to find a duplicate of my wallet that was stolen (last one in the entire company I was told) and ordered it. Guess I won't know until I receive it if I will be ok with it or if it will just remind me of the theft. But I'm glad I will at least get the chance to find out!

I am so sorry. It's an awful feeling to have someone steal from you. I had my bag & wallet stolen about 6 years ago. The bag was worthless but the wallet was actually nice and had been a gift from my father. I bought something completely different to replace it. I didn't want to be reminded of the loss, I just wanted to see new, happy things. Good luck.
So sorry this also happened to you!

Sorry this happened to you. I think it's a matter of personal choice and availability. If you simply love the wallet, its functionality, and won't be upset when you use it, get the same one. If it will bring back bad memories, are superstitious, or simply want a new one, get a new one.

I lost one in a store that was never returned (not the same thing as you) and miss it, but realize I have plenty of others to take it's place since it's no longer available.

Buy what you know you'll love.
Thanks. This was my only wallet and I did love it, but right now I'm not sure if I will ever carry a wallet again. I found a duplicate and will see how it makes me feel once I get it.

So sorry for you. It is such a terrible feeling! I haven't had my wallet stolen, but 2 years ago my Diamond fell out of my Engagement Ring. On the icerink so of course I never got. it back. My husband got me a different diamond for my birthday (Same ring) and now I think of both diamonds everytime I look at the ring and of how much he cares. So maybe the same wallet in a different color really would work.
Oh that is terrible! I'm so sorry that happened to you. Sounds like you have a great hubby!