Replacement Strap for Parker Hippie?

I wouldn't get it! I just found a black signature parker hippie for $94 at Dillards! It was perfect and I LOVE it!!
You'll find a good deal on one that has all the parts and is in great condition! I like having the option of wearing it cross body, PLUS I like having everything that it was supposed to come with. That would really bother me unless the bag was SUPER cheap.

I'm not really into signature, and there are no dillards where I'm from. Not one in the entire state or the neighboring one. I have been searching for a non-black, sand or white ALL LEATHER hippie ever since last fall and this is the first time I found one in my price range. About $140 shipped for the yellow leather, which is pretty hard to find. Now thinking about it, wearing a yellow blob on my hips might be strange. Plus I'm about 5'5 so not that tall to pull off the hippie-style. Besides, the yellow will be REALLY easy to get color transfer, especially when I live on jeans.

I'm still stalking eBay and found a MFF signature with yellow stripe convertible bag that has a long yellow strap..maybe this will match....??

Can anyone measure the long strap and tell me how long it is?

I'm 5'5" and I use my yellow parker ALL THE TIME!!! I wear it crossbody or I sling the long strap on my shoulder. It is much easier for me to use than the short, thick strap. I wear it with jeans and all the color transfer I've had has come right off with coach leather cleaner.

I'm 5'5" and I use my yellow parker ALL THE TIME!!! I wear it crossbody or I sling the long strap on my shoulder. It is much easier for me to use than the short, thick strap. I wear it with jeans and all the color transfer I've had has come right off with coach leather cleaner.

aww man...maybe I should try and find a strap...

I'm 5'6" and wear the large Black Leather Hippie, and I LOVE this purse. I wear it cross-body most of the time too. I generally have a casual look, almost always jeans, tees, and hoodies, BUT I think it looks great even a little more dressed up. For formal occasions or interviews I just remove the strap. I find it very beautiful, soft, and practical. Now, one thing I will say about wearing it cross-body wise is that, depending on how much I decide to carry that day, it does tend to get heavy, making my shoulder a little sore. That's really only if I'm wearing it for extended amounts of time though. I HATE having to worry about dye transfer, which is why I went with Black, but perhaps there is something you could treat the leather with to prevent this? If you really think you love the bag it can't hurt to continue looking around for a replacement strap. I wish you luck! ^_^

Last edited:
I'm not really into signature, and there are no dillards where I'm from. Not one in the entire state or the neighboring one. I have been searching for a non-black, sand or white ALL LEATHER hippie ever since last fall and this is the first time I found one in my price range. About $140 shipped for the yellow leather, which is pretty hard to find. Now thinking about it, wearing a yellow blob on my hips might be strange. Plus I'm about 5'5 so not that tall to pull off the hippie-style. Besides, the yellow will be REALLY easy to get color transfer, especially when I live on jeans.

I'm still stalking eBay and found a MFF signature with yellow stripe convertible bag that has a long yellow strap..maybe this will match....??

Can anyone measure the long strap and tell me how long it is?

a couple of ads mentioned that the hippie's long strap is 37"

I'm pretty short (5'4") but I use both the short and long straps on my Parker hippie depending on what I'm wearing and doing. I have really appreciated having the longer strap during the winter months because I would have a seriously difficult time getting the shorter strap to fit comfortable on my shoulder when I'm wearing bulky clothes and a coat. HTH.

I'm pretty short (5'4") but I use both the short and long straps on my Parker hippie depending on what I'm wearing and doing. I have really appreciated having the longer strap during the winter months because I would have a seriously difficult time getting the shorter strap to fit comfortable on my shoulder when I'm wearing bulky clothes and a coat. HTH.

Ditto, I am 5'4" and use both the long strap and short strap - I'd say almost equally. This is my work week bag - like using the long strap for my commute into work.