Replace Zipper

ChiqueChic

ChiqueChic.com
O.G.
Feb 21, 2009
Hi! I recently purchased a trousse toilette 23 cosmetic bag and the zipper pull was broken (zipper still works).

I figured I could just go in to my local LV store and have it replaced, but when I received the item I discovered that the zipper had been replaced by a non LV cobbler (and not too well, I might add- the stitching isn't exactly straight).

I got the bag for a great price, so here's my question:

Will I have to have LV replace the entire zipper to get the proper LV zipper pull (will LV touch it now that someone else has worked on it?) or will they still just replace the zipper pull on a non LV zipper?

The canvas is in impeccable shape (no cracking). Do you think I should try the LV route or just go to a new cobbler and have them redo the one there now (or perhaps just fix the zipper pull)

TIA for your input!!

I've read on here that once a repair has been done by anyone other than lv it's no longer an lv product in their opinion and they will not touch it. If the repair has been done badly and causes their repair to go wrong they wouldn't want to be liable for it. Let us know what they say if you take it to lv.

I don't think LV will repair it if someone else already tried to fix it but you never know! I brought my Trousse Toilette in and they said a full zipper would be $210!! My cobbler is going to charge me $80 so right now I'm still debating whether to void the warranty and get it done cheaply or pay a premium for the zipper. :sad:

I don't think LV will repair it if someone else already tried to fix it but you never know! I brought my Trousse Toilette in and they said a full zipper would be $210!! My cobbler is going to charge me $80 so right now I'm still debating whether to void the warranty and get it done cheaply or pay a premium for the zipper. :sad:

Ooh that's a tough decision. That's a big difference in price.

Ooh that's a tough decision. That's a big difference in price.

I know!! And last year I got a quote of $170 and I thought that was expensive! I finally decided to take it in and the repair prices had gone up! And if the cobbler fixes it, he probably wouldn't use the LV zipper pull. :sad: Right now the fabric near the teeth of the zipper is fraying- I think it might rip any day now.