Repairs without a receipt? how does this work?

1. Megs and I welcomed our baby boy earlier this month and wanted to share the news with the TPF community. Come say hello to Baby Vaughn!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I bought a Gucci Jockey bag on ebay (authenticated here before purchase of course), the seller bought it online, I believe from DSW, but I cant fully remember. She had emailed me a copy of the receipt but I dont have it anymore, and it wasnt an official receipt.

Anyways, I was in the mall walking when the little round piece that holds the strap to the bag (hard to explain) came off. I wasnt able to recover the piece, but I really want the bag fixed.

I looked on the Gucci website and it says they require the original sales slip.

I emailed the seller, but if I dont have an original receipt, will it be possible to get Gucci to fix the bag?

2. I have a Gucci wallet that I received as a gift (and so I don't have a receipt). The clasp broke so I sent it in to the place in NJ with a letter stating that I'd be happy to pay for any repairs. I tracked the package and it was delivered two months ago and never heard from them again. I emailed a dozen times and called even more times but never reach a live person. They keep putting me on hold and it "disconnects." Anyone have any advice?

3. Attn: GAI Fashion Repairs
    50 Hartz Way Secaucus, New Jersey 07094
    ClientServices-USA@us.gucci.com
    tel 800.234.8224

It doesn't matter if you have a receipt for a repair if you're paying.

Two months is not actually a long time for Gucci to have your stuff for repair as they might have to track-down a spare part or send back to Italy BUT they should have sent a confirmation of receipt and an estimate.

I am not saying it's a fake but it were there is also the possibility that might be a reason they don't get back to you :shrugs:

Anyway, check email and number again with the above.

When you write an email again, use question marks and make it clear you expect a reply.

Good luck alu, I am sure it will be alright in the end :yes: