Repairs....dumb question

sweetmelissa

But it was on sale!
Mar 9, 2007
Ok, so probably everyone here knows this but me but I couldn't find it on search. How long does it usually take for Coach to send back a bag that you've sent in for repair? My Clay Gigi has been gone for weeks now and I haven't heard a word. Also, will they email me or something to let me know she is on the way back? This is the first time I've sent a bag in so I have no clue how it works. Ty!

She had a broken turnlock on one of the front pockets...not a huge deal and I'm pretty sure they'll be able to fix her but wow, I had no idea it would take so long...8 weeks, gah! Oh well. Thanks everyone!

I've sent a wallet for repair before (to fix the buckle in the front) and it took them 4 weeks to repair and send back to me. The repair ticket said it will take between 4-6 weeks...I never received an email that my wallet was on its way back to me.
I also sent a bag yesterday for a repair, (the stitching was coming undone on top of my bag by the zipper) and again, it said 4-6 weeks on the repair ticket..
HTH!

The official word is to allow 4-6 weeks. Repairs are sent from the stores once a week so you have to allow for travel time to JAX, time to evaluate, time to repair, and then return shipping. The store that did the repair should call you when the bag is on it's way back to you though!