Repairing Vintage canvas?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hello, Gucci Gals!
    I have a BUNCH of vintage guccis (seriously. They're coming out of my ears) and all but two are in great condition. One is a white, slim bag with a long strap (almost messenger style) and another I just bought today which is a black vintage Anniversary Collection (no idea how old it was... but I nabbed it for $2 at a thrift store along with a leather moschino bag).
    My Guccis have a bit of a peeling issue with the outsides... is this a common problem with poorly-treated vintage guccis? Is there something I can do to stop it?

2. Oops! I just realized that it said "Accessory Collection" and not "Anniversary collection". Seeing that it's almost 30 years old it could use a little TLC. I'll post some pics tomorrow as my camera's charging.

3. can't wait to see pics - congrats! You seem to find the coolest things!:yes:

4. Wow, totally didn't mean to procrastinate so much on the pics!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. That's a neat bag that I haven't seen before. I have no idea how to repair it, but I brought one of my very old gucci's to a leathermaker to get a new strap so that the length was more "current" and it was a good decision to have it fixed. :smile:

6. Check out Artbag.com. Maybe they could help.