Repair worn out brass hardware on wallet?

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hello all!

After daily use of my Eugenie wallet for the past few years, the center of the golden brass buckle appears silver now...probably from constant rubbing on that part. :nogood: I tried searching for a post that discussed whether LV can fix this but couldn't really find anything that talked about replacing wallet hardware specifically. I tried cleaning it and it's pretty obvious that the brass has rubbed off. The rest of the wallet still looks good so if I could just replace the hardware, it would be like a brand new wallet! :biggrin:

So has anyone had any experience with asking LV to replace the hardware on your wallet or purse? and how $$ do you think it would cost me?

TIA! :smile:

2. Would like to know this as well.

3. I replaced the brass button closure on a wallet and on a damier agenda with pink interior. They did a gorgeous job! If I remember it was around $100 and they both literally looked brand new. It was so worth the money!! I've sold the damier koala wallet after it got its new hardware, but I'll take a picture of the agenda for you!

4. This was a limited edition koala agenda that I still love. It's irreplaceable. The ones I've seen for sale don't look wonderful. I think these types of repairs are absolutely worth the money. Before repair, the clasp was silver. It looked really awful and I didn't even want to use it. For the cost of a few meals out, look at it now! I love it. Best $100 I ever spent!
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1393823331.053830.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1393823356.769716.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1393823381.166399.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1393823402.603427.jpg

5. I think one of the pics didn't work. Let me try again. And I love the eugenie wallet. Absolutely I would let them just replace the clasp and the buckle it goes into. It's an easy repair and your wallet will look brand new. Have them replace the little vachetta behind the buckle at the same time. You'll feel like your eugenie had a face lift!
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1393823671.949230.jpg

6. thanks for the reply! i will definitely go get it repaired!

7. I'm so glad. You'll just love it afterwards!

8. It looks great!

9. +1

10. they can fix it (replace)
    you should call and ask for a price estimate

11. Charleston-mom.... did you like your DE Koala?

12. I did! But I like longer wallets because I carry so much cash. The koala is a wonderful wallet.

13. Thanks! And thanks for being a great resource here!! :smile:

14. update!
    went in yesterday to get my wallet repaired - the quote for the brass buckle on the eugenie wallet was around $150, and the piece of leather on the buckle was another $150..i opted to just have the buckle repaired as the leather still looks ok and i can clean it with just a damp cloth. to replace the zipper pull on the coin compartment is free. it will take about 6 wks. i will update once i get it back :smile:

15. Looks great