Repair.... WHAT REPAIR??

qqyoung

Apr 23, 2007
I am soooo upset with this I just have to come here and vent. I purchased for myself a PS1 to celebrate passing my bar exam in May. I finally took it out and started using it in the fall. After just 3 weeks of use, one of the rivets on the handle comes loose and fell out. I did not notice right away so was unable to find the lost rivet. I called Aloha Rag and asked for repair. They had me send it in to them so they can send it off to Proenza. It took them two weeks after receiving the bag to get a repair authorization from Proenza. I waited paitently and after three weeks I was happy to learn from Aloha Rag that my bag has gotten back to them and they would ship it back to me after I pay the $15 shipment fee. I got my bag back today and guess what. The rivet is still MISSING!!! The bag came back the way it left me!!! This is really really ridiculous. I am having such a hard time accepting that a bag that I spent so much on and had such high expectation could have such crappy customer service. All they had to fix was a missing rivet. How hard could it be. And according to other posters, it has happened before. I called Aloha Rag and explained what happened. They apologized for not checking before sending the bag back to me and promised me to send me shipping label to have the bag sent in again for repair. I am just so frustrated right now that I have to go through the waiting all over again. :sad:

Sorry to hear about this ordeal as I would've been anxiously waiting for it to come back in perfect form as well. Do you know if this (rivet coming loose) has happened to other PS1 owners as well? Did you use the strap or the handle most of the time?

After contacting AlohaRag of the problem, they apologized and had me send the bag via their own FedEx account and promised to send it to PS again right away to get it fixed. According to AlohaRag, PS should have the bag this past Wednesday (12/7). They say they are going to try to have PS ship the bag directly back to me since I am going to be out the country by the end of next week. I am crossing my fingers that I will get the bag before I leave.

Before I shipped the bag back to AlohaRag, I tried calling the PS store directly and asked for the person in charge of repair. The girl I talked to on the phone said that the lady is busy because they have new inventories so she took down my information. That was 2 weeks ago and I have not heard back from them at all.

I have heard that other owners have similar problems. One even posted to remind everyone to tighten their screws from time to time to prevent what happened to my bag. I carry my bag mainly with the shoulderstrap so it really bugs me that the handle's screws can come off so easily.
Will update when I get my bag back.

After waiting for 2 months, my PS1 finally got back to me repaired and looking like new. PS was not able to fix it in time to have it shipped directly back to me before my overseas trip so Aloha Rag held the bag for me until I returned. After I confirmed my return date, AR shipped the bag back to me via FedEx and I was able to pick it up yesterday. And yes, it is fixed this time.

Even though it had been a frustrating experience with PS, I have to give Aloha Rag credit for making me feel like they are taking care of the situation. They emailed me at least once a week to update me on the situation, paid for expedited shipping and was just overall very helpful. I am not sure if I will buy another PS, but I know I will definitely shop with AR again for their excellent customer service. :smile:

I lost two rivets on the handle of my brand new PS1 Satchel. Took it back to the boutique where it was purchased. They sent it back to Proenza for repairs. Still waiting.....Really pathetic that such a high end bag would have this kind of systemic flaw. This is my first and last PS bag.