Repair thru Dooney?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. 40% off dresses, jumpsuits and sandals at Nordstrom. Sale ends Thursday at 9am EST. Click or tap to shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I bought this D&B Disney bag a few years ago at Downtown Disney. I hardly use it. I keep it stored in a dust bag in my closet which stays cool & has no direct sunlight. One day I noticed the handles are 2 different shades. The darker one also has this funky streak. I emailed D&B and they're telling me to ship the bag to them so they can inspect it & determine if it's repairable.
    Have any of you done this? How much did you end up paying? How long did it take?

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Hmm, interesting. Perhaps if the bag is left out to get some air and use, it might even out the color eventually and tan naturally. I suspect the two handles came from different hides, perhaps that is the reason for the different tones (just a guess). As far as the funky streak, you might try using a gum eraser. The SA's at the Outlets use them to get marks off the leather. I use a Magic Rub eraser. It works quite well to get some of the weird undesirable marks out. Sorry I cannot comment about Dooney repair since I have not needed the service.

3. Thank you so much for taking the time reply. What you said about handles from different hides makes sense. I will definitely try out what you suggested. I'm scared to send my baby away so I'm hoping it will work. Thanks again 😊

4. It looks like the front vachetta strap got all the sun. May be you can even it out to expose the back of the bag to the sunlight for sometime? Only guessing...