Repair/Replacement Costs - List

My speedy 40 and keepall 45 fresh after vachetta replacement. Both from 1980s and my SA couldn’t stop gushing about the quality of the canvas. Loving the new life given to them!

View attachment 5789107

View attachment 5789108
Very nice! May I ask what the price of leather replacement was for the Keepall 45? And is yours a regular or bandouliere? Along with the handles, did they also replace the "gold" hardware?

Very nice! May I ask what the price of leather replacement was for the Keepall 45? And is yours a regular or bandouliere? Along with the handles, did they also replace the "gold" hardware?
Hi, sure! The leather replacement was 780 i believe. I do not have the bandouliére in this size...i also did not replace the leather tabs at either end of the zipper because this is an older model (notice the single zip) and wanted to preserve the leather post where the zipper pull locks...i'll post a photo for clarity..

Screenshot 2023-05-25 at 22.09.30.png

Reactions: PrayersandPurses
and yes, all 'gold' hardware was replaced...would not have minded if they kept the old but i didn't request it.
also with the speedy 40, i asked them to include a d-ring as my model was so old it was before they included them.
they updated the pocket of the speedy to zip closed and included the d-ring! they also gave me back the old date code stamped leather tab and i just keep it in the pocket

Hi, sure! The leather replacement was 780 i believe. I do not have the bandouliére in this size...i also did not replace the leather tabs at either end of the zipper because this is an older model (notice the single zip) and wanted to preserve the leather post where the zipper pull locks...i'll post a photo for clarity..

View attachment 5790035
and yes, all 'gold' hardware was replaced...would not have minded if they kept the old but i didn't request it.
also with the speedy 40, i asked them to include a d-ring as my model was so old it was before they included them.
they updated the pocket of the speedy to zip closed and included the d-ring! they also gave me back the old date code stamped leather tab and i just keep it in the pocket
Wow, that is crazy! Thanks for the info. I recently took my Keepall 45 for the leather replacement and the SA quoted me almost $3k (and that didn't even include the gold hardware)! Granted I have a Bandouliere, with the only difference being those two leather pieces on each end--but that still shouldn't account for a $2300 delta.

The SA was being quite a **** so I should have known something was wrong. Obviously I declined the repair and so glad I did! I'll be taking it to another store and I will report her to corporate for her shady practices.

Wow, that is crazy! Thanks for the info. I recently took my Keepall 45 for the leather replacement and the SA quoted me almost $3k (and that didn't even include the gold hardware)! Granted I have a Bandouliere, with the only difference being those two leather pieces on each end--but that still shouldn't account for a $2300 delta.

The SA was being quite a **** so I should have known something was wrong. Obviously I declined the repair and so glad I did! I'll be taking it to another store and I will report her to corporate for her shady practices.
anytime! and yes, just the addition of the two side bands definitely doesn't warrant such a huge price increase. yoo could quite literally purchase a brand new item for that price.

sorry that you had a...difficult...SA. i hate that the pricing can be so subjective...i always ask to see the breakdown when quoted for a repair. they'll usually show you what each portion costs (i.e. handles are x amount, body bands) so there's a bit more transparency.

Reactions: iS2dbsk
It looks great, congrats! I have the same Rosalie coin purse with the pink leather button-- is it a known issue that they will replace it with the gold button for free? Mine has only been used once so there is no damage yet to the leather button but I heard it's only a matter of time. Last time I asked a CA, she said there was a small fee to replace it.
i have the red button and the leather came off years ago, it never occurred to me to have it replaced! i stopped using it years ago. this makes me so happy.

Update: after 6 months, my Felicie is still not ready. The excuse I got was that they were waiting for a part. The bag is add to cart online so I wonder what "part" they are awaiting
Final update. They replaced the bag at no charge. The SA didn’t tell me this when she called to let me know it was ready. Now I have a gold chain and inserts to sell or find another use.

Hi everyone :smile:

My Palm Springs PM has basically started falling apart recently. I first noticed the zipper tag being snapped off and on the same day the leather edging on the strap coming apart.

Has anyone had this happened to theirs? I’ve only had it since end of 2021

View attachment 5791200

View attachment 5791201

View attachment 5791202
Ended up getting a store credit for the bag. Asked to get the exact one as a replacement but the SA was really hesitant to let me get another one citing it will have the same issues. After a few times I said okay and left with store credit. Will go back again later and hopefully get a different SA to re purchase the PM as I really like it.

Has this happened to anyone before?