Repair questions, how much and how long will it take?

lea-m

O.G.
Jul 8, 2007
I sent my Elgin in Black Darwin to repair through Mulberry NK here in Stockholm.

The "expanding buckles" on the sides (I hope that you understand what I mean) tend to come loose i bit to often and it needs some inking on one corner.

Maybe is har to know, but how much can I expect to pay for this and does it take several months?

i expect because your over seas it will take longer to fix. normally if a bag goes straight to shepton mallet they repair in a few weeks.
maybe give them acall and see whats going on.

They normally say to allow up to 12 weeks for a repair .. but I think this is just to cover themselves, as I have normally always had them back within a couple of weeks. It may take longer as you are overseas but I don't think THAT much longer than a UK repair.

I think inking repairs used to be about £15 but can't really help you on the other part, sorry.

Hope they get your lovely bag back to you soon xx

They normally say to allow up to 12 weeks for a repair .. but I think this is just to cover themselves, as I have normally always had them back within a couple of weeks. It may take longer as you are overseas but I don't think THAT much longer than a UK repair.

I think inking repairs used to be about £15 but can't really help you on the other part, sorry.

Will be interesting to hear how it goes lea-m, I'm also about to bring a bag in to Mulberry in Sthlm for them to send it off for repairs.

LMM, as you know everything worth knowing about inking problems ;) - if it happens within a year of purchasing a new bag (black roxy bought in a an M store in the UK in June)- would Mulberry not normally repair it without charge?

Haha yes I am inking-problem-Queen!! :rolleyes: :P

If any repair is done within the first 12 months, then yes Mulberry will repair for free .. I guess provided it is a fault as opposed to something someone has done to the bag by themself!

Haha yes I am inking-problem-Queen!! :rolleyes: :P

If any repair is done within the first 12 months, then yes Mulberry will repair for free .. I guess provided it is a fault as opposed to something someone has done to the bag by themself!

Thanks,
sorry Lea-m for hijacking your thread :biggrin: but as I have a whole bunch of old M bags in need of repair to send off from Sthlm it was interesting to see your Q and the answers!

LMM, its the inking on the handles coming off, highly irritating as the bag is fairly new and not used all that much. Actually, I learned what inking was in one of your posts - and thought of you when I spotted it the other day:biggrin:. Were your ears burning ;)?

Haha I am glad to have been of some help to you :biggrin:

It is VERY annoying when the inking comes off. People say "just pull the rest of it off & it will look ok" .. but Im sorry - when I pay a premium for a bag .. I want it to last ... ALL of it!!

Thanks,
sorry Lea-m for hijacking your thread :biggrin: but as I have a whole bunch of old M bags in need of repair to send off from Sthlm it was interesting to see your Q and the answers!

LMM, its the inking on the handles coming off, highly irritating as the bag is fairly new and not used all that much. Actually, I learned what inking was in one of your posts - and thought of you when I spotted it the other day:biggrin:. Were your ears burning ;)?

Sorry if I'm a dummy, but what is 'inking'?

It is the plastic/rubbery material that is on the cut parts/edges of the leather. Varies on diffent models but often on the handles, if it makes any sence.

Lea-m, I sent my Bayswater to Shepton Mallet to have the piping fixed. It took 4 weeks (including shipment) and in this particular case it was free of charge. I had email contact with Kate Peters (you can find her address on the website) who was both lovely and accurate. You can ask her for the turn around period and a quote. Bays came back in a UPS van, very posh ;).
Other girls have said to send out the bag without dustbag as they then give you a new one!

Lea-m, I sent my Bayswater to Shepton Mallet to have the piping fixed. It took 4 weeks (including shipment) and in this particular case it was free of charge. I had email contact with Kate Peters (you can find her address on the website) who was both lovely and accurate. You can ask her for the turn around period and a quote. Bays came back in a UPS van, very posh ;).
Other girls have said to send out the bag without dustbag as they then give you a new one!

I sent a purse back for a new press stud and it took just over a week.;)

12 weeks! I hope not! You might be right, a sold a Roxanne i Oak last year in Febrary (an early one with lined ears and Mulberry Birger Jarlsgatan claimed it was fake because of thar). I now it was authentic so I told her to send it to Mulberry for authentication (this was when they still offered this service). It took until May before she got it back, maybe repair will take as long.

Mulberry NK ship their bags (SA said sometimes it is just two of them and sometimes a lot more). Mine will leave tomorrow, I will keep you updated on how it goes.

Will be interesting to hear how it goes lea-m, I'm also about to bring a bag in to Mulberry in Sthlm for them to send it off for repairs.

LMM, as you know everything worth knowing about inking problems ;) - if it happens within a year of purchasing a new bag (black roxy bought in a an M store in the UK in June)- would Mulberry not normally repair it without charge?