Repair questions for Trendy CC and would you buy a damaged bag?

ddebartolo

O.G.
Dec 8, 2007
Hi everyone - I’ve been obsessing over the black Trendy CC with silver hardware and as luck would have it, I can only find one on the pre-loved market and it has some damage. The turn lock has a lot of scratches. So my question is, can I get that replaced? Would Chanel still have that exact piece to replace it with? What would it cost? Is it worth it?
Would any of you pay $4700 for a bag that has a few scratches on the hardware and leather? Ugh I’ve been literally obsessing over this bag and can’t get it out of my head...I want to wait for one in a bit better shape but will I ever find it? It’s so hard to find with silver hardware plus the price will most likely be higher...please give me your opinions on this! Thank you!

DF6AC243-0030-42B9-8107-605741C62B4E.jpeg

I would not. Have you tried any stores? I find that if I call/stop by and inquire seriously about a bag that is sold out they usually call me in 2/3 weeks with a bag that has magically become available. ;)

Reactions: ddebartolo
Oh I see I missed that it was silver hardware. My regrets. 20A has a beautiful trendy CC with LGHW but I do understand that might not be where your heart is. I still would not settle on a bag that has the potential to tamper my joy in owning it. I have had the turnlock replaced on my CF but I had it done by a third party, the Chanel store said it was 'normal wear and tear.'

The lock should not be a problem. There have been plenty of seasonal bags with Silver HW, so they should have the HW, you should be able to get that replaced without problem if it bothers you. As for price, how is the rest of the bag? Structure, etc? 4700.00 seems kinda high, but Trendy has gotten a lot more popular, so I think the days of "cheap" preloved on these are over anyway. Is there a refund policy? Could you possibly see in person and see if you think the overall bag is worth the possible HW replacement? Sometimes it's worth it to get exactly what you wanted.

The lock should not be a problem. There have been plenty of seasonal bags with Silver HW, so they should have the HW, you should be able to get that replaced without problem if it bothers you. As for price, how is the rest of the bag? Structure, etc? 4700.00 seems kinda high, but Trendy has gotten a lot more popular, so I think the days of "cheap" preloved on these are over anyway. Is there a refund policy? Could you possibly see in person and see if you think the overall bag is worth the possible HW replacement? Sometimes it's worth it to get exactly what you wanted.
The bag has some scratches on it but the corners and structure seem fine. It’s from The Purse Affair so there’s no returns nor can I see it first. I’m just worried I’ll never find one

It seems like it might be worth it then especially since we haven’t seen a trendy with silver hardware in quite sometime.
I’m leaning towards purchasing it for that reason. I just don’t know if another one will come up plus it’s from 2017 so what are the chances it’ll be in new condition? Ugh lol

LADIES!!!!! I took a chance and boy am I glad that I did!! I purchased the Trendy CC with silver hardware from The Purse Affair who listed it as an 8.5/10. They said there were noticeable scratches on the turnlock. I’m happy to say that it’s only the tiny part of the turnlock that has scratches and that the CC and back plate are fine!!! It’s gorgeous!!! I’m so happy I found this!

2D98E4A8-25EE-45F6-8B7D-18772F2C5160.jpeg