Repair Louis Vuitton Stitching?

chandra920

Feb 17, 2016
I just got my first preloved LV - a Totally PM in DA. I got a great deal. The only flaws are the stitching on the side tabs has started to fray. I don't really want to replace the leather because I like the character it gives the bag and the handles are nice and soft. I would like to fix the broken/frayed stitches. Can that be done? Cost?
IMG_1487372435.251687.jpg

I just got my first preloved LV - a Totally PM in DA. I got a great deal. The only flaws are the stitching on the side tabs has started to fray. I don't really want to replace the leather because I like the character it gives the bag and the handles are nice and soft. I would like to fix the broken/frayed stitches. Can that be done? Cost?
View attachment 3608975
You need to take your bag to your local store (or ship it to the nearest store if you do not have a boutique in your area). If the bag is authentic and if the repair is possible, you will receive an estimate for repair and, if you agree, the bag will be shipped off. The repair process usually takes 6 weeks or so. Good luck!

Reactions: HalloweenNight
You need to take your bag to your local store (or ship it to the nearest store if you do not have a boutique in your area). If the bag is authentic and if the repair is possible, you will receive an estimate for repair and, if you agree, the bag will be shipped off. The repair process usually takes 6 weeks or so. Good luck!

I have had my bags repaired before (this is my only preloved). I'm specifically wondering about stitching repairs. I just wasn't sure that was an option (like if the store will require leather replacement in order to address stitching). I can haul it down to the store, but I just wanted to check others' experiences. :smile:

I just had a loose stitch repaired on my Neverfull last week at my local store (didn't need to be shipped anywhere). The bag was less than a year old so it was free. It can be done though so if you take it in they should be able to give you need estimate. Good luck.

I have had my bags repaired before (this is my only preloved). I'm specifically wondering about stitching repairs. I just wasn't sure that was an option (like if the store will require leather replacement in order to address stitching). I can haul it down to the store, but I just wanted to check others' experiences. :smile:
Having the stitching repaired is perfectly doable, just make sure to clearly communicate to your SA that you want only the stitching replaced to keep the original leather. Double check that the repair notes are accurate and leave no room for doubt before sending the bag off.

View attachment 3608975

I brought a pre-loved Keepall into the Louis Vuitton store yesterday and asked about stitching repair and the SA said it can cost between $30-$90. Hope this helps.

Reactions: Kathleen37
5C29B82B-15BC-449F-93BB-89AC91ED8FE0.jpeg
I just had a loose stitch repaired on my Neverfull last week at my local store (didn't need to be shipped anywhere). The bag was less than a year old so it was free. It can be done though so if you take it in they should be able to give you need estimate. Good luck.
So what about this? I have a Melie I purchased in May 2017 and my stitching has come loose. Sadly I have to send it to a store because I don’t have one here. Also what do I need to do to ship it? Do they need a receipt?