Repair for Sunglass Case?

xsuki000

Dec 18, 2010
I was just wondering, I know Chanel repairs sunglasses but do they repair or replace the sunglass case? I bought a pair of sunglasses about a year ago (more or less), and the sunglass case is coming apart on the inside a little. I wouldn't care so much but I think this fault might actually affect its ability to protect my sunglasses.

I'm going to have to say no. If you are a big customer I think a boutique that really knows you may just replace it for you, but no repairs.

So if I"m not a big customer, I wouldn't be able to get a replacement?

^ Depends on where you purchased. Doesn't hurt to ask for a replacement. For example, I purchased mine at Nordstrom. The SA said I could bring back my old case & swap it for a new one. You don't need a receipt because they can look it up on your card. I think it's pretty flexible at dept stores or if you have a good relationship with your SA. Sorry, they don't sell sunglass cases or repair 'em. You might try your luck with ebay or other online resellers. One pops up every now & then.

I don't think they would repair it. I would try to go back to the place you bought your sunglasses from. I went back to my optometrist and asked for a new one over the summer and they gave it to me; no questions asked.

I just got my sunglasses two weeks ago and the inner portion actually separated from the case. It's quite disappointing, considering I was taking very good care of the case. No impact or rough handling. Did anyone manage to successfully get a replacement from the boutique, other than at department stores or the optometry?

I just went today and they said no replacement case. Perhaps the other ladies above were luckier! The person told me that each sunglasses has its own case in the black box so they can't really exchange any of those already sold. I wish they'd done a better QC. Small detail, I can glue the lining thing back but it's soooooo annoying that they neglect such small details!

Sorry to hear about your experience. However, that's not completely true. I went to Bloomingdales on Saturday and bought a pair of Chanel sunglasses and the SA let me choose whichever case I wanted. I would go back and ask again, even to swap. That's not right that you pay so much for a pair of sunglasses to have a defective case.

BabyM3 said:
Sorry to hear about your experience. However, that's not completely true. I went to Bloomingdales on Saturday and bought a pair of Chanel sunglasses and the SA let me choose whichever case I wanted. I would go back and ask again, even to swap. That's not right that you pay so much for a pair of sunglasses to have a defective case.

I'm definitely trying again this weekend, the SA I approached wasn't my regular one so perhaps the person is reluctant. Perhaps the service at departmental stores for exchange is better due to the policy