Repair and Proof of Purchase

KayRoxs

Oct 10, 2019
Hi everyone!

LV just sent me a request for proof of purchase in order to continue further with my repair inquiry. I was just wondering if this is 100% required as I know times are different right now. I received my 2018 Alma BB as a Christmas gift but it was purchased in the UK and it’s a bit complicated to access, but I will go through and try to access it if it’s totally needed. My Alma Bb just has issues with glazing near the zipper as it’s rubbing off and one part it seems to have melted so it dented a bit.

F0ADD1D3-6C14-4EE4-895B-E48ABFEF6A9E.jpeg

You don't normally need proof of purchase for a repair. I've had items repaired that I have purchased pre-owned. Of course, they won't care about that as long as the item is authentic, because the client will be paying for it anyway. If they think your item is defective or has a known flaw, then maybe they're planning on fixing it for free. I don't think the store is able to access purchase history from outside the country, but I don't see why they would need it in order to process a repair for you.

Reactions: 880
You don't normally need proof of purchase for a repair. I've had items repaired that I have purchased pre-owned. Of course, they won't care about that as long as the item is authentic, because the client will be paying for it anyway. If they think your item is defective or has a known flaw, then maybe they're planning on fixing it for free. I don't think the store is able to access purchase history from outside the country, but I don't see why they would need it in order to process a repair for you.
Thank you so much! Yea that’s what I thought usually happens but I wasn’t too sure as things are different now with COVID-19 sadly. :hrmm:

Reactions: boyoverboard
Hi everyone!

LV just sent me a request for proof of purchase in order to continue further with my repair inquiry. I was just wondering if this is 100% required as I know times are different right now. I received my 2018 Alma BB as a Christmas gift but it was purchased in the UK and it’s a bit complicated to access, but I will go through and try to access it if it’s totally needed. My Alma Bb just has issues with glazing near the zipper as it’s rubbing off and one part it seems to have melted so it dented a bit.

View attachment 4851797
They can access the purchase history world wide as the system is all linked now. If you know the purchasers name and approx date it should be enough. I know they are cracking down on giving credit notes for defective bags as many were buying cheap on ebay etc then taking in and getting a new bag. I don't see an issue in your photo, it looks like it's where the strap rubs maybe when you wear it crossbody..

+1