Repair and Authentication Question. Please help :)

shopkins725

Apr 22, 2014
I found an insolite that I have been looking at for a while, but that has been discontinued by louis vuitton. It is very pre-loved, so I want to know if it can be repaired and re-glazed (and how much :P). Also, since it looks so worn, I am questioning its authenticity. What do you think?

Attachments

• $_12.JPG
    $_12.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 108
  • $_123.JPG
    $_123.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 104
I found an insolite that I have been looking at for a while, but that has been discontinued by louis vuitton. It is very pre-loved, so I want to know if it can be repaired and re-glazed (and how much :P). Also, since it looks so worn, I am questioning its authenticity. What do you think?

For authenticity then you would need to read Post 1 here and comply with the requirements of the authentication team and then add your request to the end of the thread:

http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vu...lv-read-rules-use-format-post-1-a-862263.html

As for repairs, yes wallets can be re-glazed depending on the degree of damage - it's not clear from your pictures how badly this wallet is worn (it looks from the pictures like the pink lining is worn away not the glazed edge so not sure what could be done about that) - so you'd need to seek the opinion of your nearest store who will also provide you with a quote.

Am sure other posters have had wallets re-glazed so will be along to tell you what they paid.

For authenticity then you would need to read Post 1 here and comply with the requirements of the authentication team and then add your request to the end of the thread:

http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vu...lv-read-rules-use-format-post-1-a-862263.html

As for repairs, yes wallets can be re-glazed depending on the degree of damage - it's not clear from your pictures how badly this wallet is worn (it looks from the pictures like the pink lining is worn away not the glazed edge so not sure what could be done about that) - so you'd need to seek the opinion of your nearest store who will also provide you with a quote.

Am sure other posters have had wallets re-glazed so will be along to tell you what they paid.
Thank you! I know the pictures arent that great. They are from the seller, and I doubt anyone could authenticate them based on the images. I was just looking for a preliminary opinion. I have not purchased it yet, and I dont want to if its not reparable, or an obvious fake :smile:

You could ask for more pictures and ask the authenticators for help with regards to authenticity, if it's listed on eBay or a similar site, but as Vernis-lover said, only Louis Vuitton will be able to give you a quote for the repair work, and you'd have to take the item to a store for that.